GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an iPhone 4S through O2 plus one other phone and 2 iPad data packages all through O2. I decided I'm going to buy an iPhone 5 outright but port across the 4S's number to the new phone and then when my monthly contract is up in March 2013 move across to a Simplicity package. My local O2 store has 'plenty' of iPhone 5's in all the sizes and both the colours. Great, I say, here's £600. No, we can't sell you one. They're there just in case anyone wants one on a monthly contract, mine would be PAYG. WTF! So you can't sell me one for £600? No!

FFS, you try and buy stuff and you're not allowed even though the store isn't shifting their stock!

Options? Move carrier? Buy from Apple and wait 3-4 weeks? Just leave it for now?

Edited by: Habu

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'm sure there's plenty of other places you could buy one from, best option would to buy from a store rather than from another carrier store as then the phone should be unlocked and available to use on any network if you chose to leave O2....though not that big of an issue as O2 do offer contract people the ability to unlock their phones but I'd double check this as it might be slightly different for iphones.Edited by: Keethos

·
Registered
855 Posts
damn 600 pounds is alot too.

In denmark, its actually illegal to refuse to sell without a contract, so them saying they HAVE stock is stupid, if the same rules apply over there.

Try apples website, in denmark, its 5200DKK afaik, and thats about 550 pounds or so

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
My S3 was £500, and i'm a tad pissed off that they've just announced a slightly smaller version of it, which I would have preferred!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gar074 said:
O2 are muppets imho.

But £600 for a phone! Seriously?

It's a lot but you'd pay a lot more on an 18 month or 2 year contract. Besides I'll clear around £380-£400 for my current phone on fleabay. Plus, when I go onto a Simplicity tariff I'll save £25 a month over my current Pay Monthly tariff. I've worked it all out and I'll end up saving money and being in a position to sell the phone whenever I want.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
MikaelSE said:
In denmark, its actually illegal to refuse to sell without a contract
it used to be even better over here in Belgium. it was illegal to only sell WITH a contract. but then the Almighty Apple said "Okay, no iPhones for Belgium" and parliament quickly cooked up some legislation to permit it. Or how a piece of fruit can control the world

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I was on a pretty sweat deal, brought my Note as soon as it came out for about £430 off the german Amazon (yes german amazon rather than the uk one as it was miles cheaper than anywhere) while I was on a £25 per month Orange contract for 24 months, 23 were free (via redemption), got another month free as they messed me around after my sim died, got £50 cashback and sold a crappy phone for £30......can't see that happening ever again

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got he phone 5 when it came out, cost £730 for the 64gb. I bought in O2 store Milton Keynes no problems paygo - does irritate me I need to buy a £10 sim I'll never use, but that's another story.... Switched to a simplicity tariff only £15 a month with 600 min, 500mb data and unlimited texts, more than enough for me. £6 a month off at he moment with 12 month contract, deal good for as long as you want it bough. Worked out about £100 cheaper than 2 yer contract, although they did have unlimited data and minutes which will be better for some folk...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
iphones are crap, get a good phone from a good company like the s3. They don't use patent wars to increase their revenue.

I'm never buying another apple product again due to their childishness in business.

·
Registered
204 Posts
fair enough about pricing, competitiveness or whatever (BTW, you could argue that Samsung 'stole' the ideas to undercut Apple... that is what the patent war was about; which Appple won - but that's digressing) - but it is a little childish to say the iphone is crap... I had a Galaxy S2, good as it was, the iphone 5 is everything that phone should have been and more. Namely the iphone doesn't need charging three times a day.....

Anyway, not getting into that, never understand why people feel the need to sit on one side of the fence or the other when it comes to apple vs the rest of the world. Just a product for sale, don't like it - don't buy it. None of these phones are 'crap' these days. I buy whatever is best IMO, as we all do.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
apple have done nothing inovative with their products for atleast 5 years.

Maybe they did steal ideas, but apple also stole from samsung. the difference is, samsung didn't care until apple threw up a stink.

My iphone 4 needed charging 3 times a day. My s3 lasts me 2 days.

It's not crap, but it is nothing special is what i am saying.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Not really. If Subaru could have supplied mine in August and Toyota would have been next January I would have bought the BRZ.

I think most of us recognise that they are pretty much the same driving experience, it was just availibility (and where the dealers are) that made the decision for me (though a 5 year warranty is useful as I have it dealer serviced anyway)

Alec

·
Registered
855 Posts
For me was mostly the Subaru dealers complete lack of interest in customers the 5 times i went to see it and talk to someone about info on buying it. Most response was from a dealer 100km from me, that i emailed, asking if they had an auto to test and giving him all info on my Mx5 that i wanted to trade in. He upped himself immensely, and replied "we dont have any auto demos, but u can come by and test the manual." nothing more. Day after i signed the papers at Toyota.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Couldnt say it better Mate, hehe.

Actually what sold me on the Toyota was ONLY the sales girl, came in to have a look, after they initila guy had called me that they now had a demo i could test drive. He was on vacation when i came in, so when i asked for him, she ofc told me this, and asked if she could help. Was quick to find keys and all to let me have a go, and was around and available when i got back. Those 2 things are key to ALL sales exxperiences in my opinion.

I WILL travel far, and pay extra if he closer sales point cant be bothered to even look at me, or put down the phone with their mates, planning who to
on friday night.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Wait. Get the Iphone 5. It is lovely.

Whilst I agree with some of the sentiments of how Apple operate there is no doubting in my mind that they make sublime products and their customer service is always excellent.

I use my Iphone 5 A LOT and it needs charging once/day providing I start at 100%. I used to use other phones but none of them compared favorably to the Iphone's in my opinion. They were either slow, clunky, looked crap or didn't share the same quality apps.

Edited by: DavidGT86

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.