GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Oh, I assumed "ADE" was personal to you? lol

Did your dealer give you the full list to choose from or did they only give a section? Mine are saying I can't see the full list... unsure if that is true or not?

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PumaUK7 said:
Oh, I assumed "ADE" was personal to you? lol

Did your dealer give you the full list to choose from or did they only give a section?  Mine are saying I can't see the full list... unsure if that is true or not?
It is a personal plate. Sorry was not clear, I ment the design of the plate

I believe the dealers have a list of number they can use so they get allocated to themEdited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
137 Posts
What do you mean by design?? font / surround?It is so tight now right down to the font choice, spacing , etc etc that there is no room to tweak numbers or letters. Also only certain places can legally make up your plate now. Some rozzers will give £60 on the spot fines. I am taking a slight liberty with mine but I think I'll be ok.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I got my dealer to supply me with plates that didn't have the blue GB badge. Looksall wrong on a red car and it shifts numbers to the right. With my p/plate it made it look out of centre as well. Vain I lnow.

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ratzart said:
What do you mean by design?? font / surround?It is so tight now right down to the font choice, spacing , etc etc that there is no room to tweak numbers or letters. Also only certain places can legally make up your plate now. Some rozzers will give £60 on the spot fines. I am taking a slight liberty with mine but I think I'll be ok.

Thats quality!! I was talknig about all of it really. I could have got GT06 ADE for less money too!

G

·
You can get all manner of non-standard shapes, fonts, surrounds, badges, etc. from many places, but they're sold as show plates - not for road use. There is next to no room for customization on legal plates now.Look at fancyplates.com or craigsplates.com for a few different options.

Edited by: lordgrover

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
i was told by my brother in law who is a copper that as long as the letters are correct font and spacing is correct then a image or logo is fine as long as it is not offensive to the eye...

had road runner logo on my plates for 6 years and no problem with police or mot's then

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Celica66 said:
i was told by my brother in law who is a copper that as long as the letters are correct font and spacing is correct then a image or logo is fine as long as it is not offensive to the eye...
Tell him he needs more training, should do wonders for inter family relations

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.