GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this is a drive out from Stockport which will doubtless take in some of the Peak District as we are ending up in a pub in Hyde.

It's a relaxed affair where we have a half hour drive out, talk a bit about cars and then have some decent food along with a bit of banter.

It's mostly MR2s (wel it is on IMOC!) though looks we'll be in my fiance's MX5 this time (AE86 is awaiting engine rebuild!).

I was thinking that it's fairly local for Alec, but wondered if anyone else would be interested?

Here's the details:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1442002#1442002

<table ="forumline" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" style=": rgb255, 255, 255; border-top-width: 2px; border-right-width: 2px; border-bottom-width: 2px; border-left-width: 2px; border-top-color: rgb0, 0, 0; border-right-color: rgb0, 0, 0; border-bottom-color: rgb0, 0, 0; border-left-color: rgb0, 0, 0; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; "><t><tr><td ="row1" width="100%" height="28" valign="top" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; : rgb242, 228, 229; "><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><t><tr><td colspan="2" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">This month's meet is a little later than normal courtesy of JAE but it promises to be an excellent meet none the less. For this meet it is highly recommended that you bring binoculars and a good camera. We are going to a little known beauty spot called Werneth Low. The views are exceptional and with it being a chef and brewer pub, the food the food is pretty much guaranteed.

The meet point is the car park of Tesco at portwood in Stockport (sk1 2bt) and from there we will convoy up to the pub at werneth where the views are nothing short of sublime.

So, we meet at Tesco SK1 2BT AT 19:00.

We leave at 19:30 and convoy to The Hare and Hounds pub at Werneth Low, SK14 3AA.
If anyone fancies it, let me know and I'll add you to the list. Any GT86's there are bound to get loads of attention!
</td></tr></t></table></td></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Looks good, nothing booked that night

Alec

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Is this still on tonight with same meet time etc?

Alec

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, still on, Alec.

You have my number (IIRC) if needed. Look forward to meeting at the meet point. I'm on duty today (work) so there is a slight chance I might be delayed. If that is the case I will let you know. Fingers crossed I finish on time!

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm back in time, Alec. I will be getting there on time. Hopefully see you at 7!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Met up with Lauren and some of the IMOC crowd for a pint, a meal and a natter!

Sunset over Manc land

Alec

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Twas a good night, good to have you Alec.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
So dare i ask how many GT86 attended ?

does the south east need to arrange another meet up with more GT86 owners...

each meet up anywhere in the UK will hopefully bring more of us together for a chat and help us answer some much needed questions i am sure?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I was the only GT86 there, I feel let down by my Northern brethren

There doing another run next month to see the lights at Blackpool, maybe that might get the others interested ?

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
This Sunday for the Peaks (really good roads!) see here, then Lauren has an MR2 owners meet (I have attended the last couple in my '86) see here

Alec

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.