GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having now done a few longer trips in my GT86 and had to carry a few bits and pieces in the boot for work and for weekends away... I've noticed that the material that covers the boot is quite a slippery texture and things tend to slide about a bit - Especially as the GT likes being slung around the corners a little.

Also noticed that there are a few visible wiring bits on the roof of the boot that could quite easily get swiped by a sliding box/bag/container and wondered what sort of non-slip material would be good to cover the boot area with, anyone got any suggestions.

Was thinking that a piece of cut to size rubberized carpet underlay might work without being too heavy (rather than a bit of carpet or blanket)..?

Edited by: Angel C

·
Registered
655 Posts
NSX is a bugger for that and it's a PIA when a beer bottle smashes on the CD autochanger frame!

Honda used to do a thing called a boot orderly, which was a square-section foam sausage with velcro on one side - you could effectively stick things into the corner.<div id="LCS_336D0C35_8A85_403a_B9D2_65C292C39087_communicationDiv">

It was such a brilliant idea, no-one bought them of course, and I've not seen them anywhere since.

You could use bungees, but I've not seen any useful tie-downs in the boot..

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
There appears to be a rubbery mat available for the Australian market. Can't find it now.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I bought a boot tidy bag, sort with velcro on the back and bottom for small items. No good for the shopping though!

That firm that someone gave a link to for replacement mats do non slip boot liners but have nothing listed for the '86 yet

Alec

Edited by: keelerad

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
keelerad said:
That firm that someone gave a link to for replacement mats do non slip boot liners but have nothing listed for the '86 yet
I was thinking that what you need is a rubber floor mat that's cut to the shape of the boot area, the carpet underlay stuff tends to perish and would leave a right mess after a while being left in the boot in all temperatures.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Angel C said:
Having now done a few longer trips in my GT86 and had to carry a few bits and pieces in the boot for work and for weekends away... I've noticed that the material that covers the boot is quite a slippery texture and things tend to slide about a bit - Especially as the GT likes being slung around the corners a little.

Also noticed that there are a few visible wiring bits on the roof of the boot that could quite easily get swiped by a sliding box/bag/container and wondered what sort of non-slip material would be good to cover the boot area with, anyone got any suggestions.

Was thinking that a piece of cut to size rubberized carpet underlay might work without being too heavy (rather than a bit of carpet or blanket)..?
I have one in my boot from my last car but not sure where I got it from. I'll show you on Sunday.
Also have a couple of storage holdalls (pannier style) bought from Lidl or Aldi the other week. I think they may be the ones Alec was talking about.
It's all very neat, which is unusual for me

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FRODO said:
I have one in my boot from my last car but not sure where I got it from. I'll show you on Sunday.
Also have a couple of storage holdalls (pannier style) bought from Lidl or Aldi the other week. I think they may be the ones Alec was talking about.
Thanks, be interested to see what you've done.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I've got a little plastic tub/container and I've stuck velcro on the underside, I just dump look bits and bobs in there. I do like the idea of foam strips with velcro to grid the boot area as I sometimes have larger items that end up sliding about.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Angel C said:
FRODO said:
Thanks, be interested to see what you've done.
These are similar to the storage bags I use and I've put one each side -
http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/180895772971?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y
and here is something like the mat I have -
http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/261108573850?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla#
Of course there is always this -
http://www.roofbox.co.uk/safe-bag/

Edited by: FRODO

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Have i just landed in the Nissan Micra owners club all of a sudden?

Next you'll be talking about how many carrier bags you can get in the boot

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Martin F said:
I'd guess about 11 with typical supermarket fodder in them...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Martin F said:
Have i just landed in the Nissan Micra owners club all of a sudden?

Exactly what I was thinking. I'll need to start a thread so we can discuss the best kind of woven backed driving gloves to wear, what is an optimum beard length owners should have and which pub to organise meets at because it has the best traditional real ale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.