Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had email from Brodit

There will be no ProClip for the fgt86frsbrz ever

Can't be done because of the way the dash is built apparently
Edited by: ICantAffordAnLFA

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I did email Brodit about this a while ago and they stuck it on their list of cars to investigate. Seems this is the unfortunate outcome.

I'll still be using my Brodit holder, but i'll have to fabricate something custom to mount to the car.

·
Registered
364 Posts
That is a shame, would be good to have a custom designed mount. Most mounts don't look OEM and I still don't understand why manufacturers don't design an OEM mount that fits the car and looks like it should be there.

EDIT: I have realised, it is so you buy their sat nav no doubt.
Edited by: jimgreen83

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I don't think it's going to be too tricky making a mount to go to the left of the stereo.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I looked at using the one I had from my Celica to see if any of the joins were suitable but I couldn't find anything similar on the '86 dash

Alec

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I can confirm the RHD version of the Brodit holder will have part number #654812 and should be on their website today.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

lhd, ok, and a bit of an eyesore compared with some of their clips, but you can see where the fit will be - perfect for iphone copilot!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks for posting, I have just ordered from the US stockist (www.proclipusa.com). I will update when they tell me the estimated delivery time. It is not cheap at just over 80 euros but the best option so far. I want to get it trimmed to match the interior - does anyone now a good upholsterer in Essex or Kent?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ordered mine from dsl developments, the uk agent, just now

£29 including adapter for my cradle

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
jimgreen83 said:
Thanks for posting, I have just ordered from the US stockist (www.proclipusa.com). I will update when they tell me the estimated delivery time. It is not cheap at just over 80 euros but the best option so far. I want to get it trimmed to match the interior - does anyone now a good upholsterer in Essex or Kent?

I have a good guy in Chelmsford - he's likely to be doing a couple of bits for me on my car. Can pass on his details?

·
Registered
5,716 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
gt_sjo said:
jimgreen83 said:

I have a good guy in Chelmsford - he's likely to be doing a couple of bits for me on my car. Can pass on his details?
That would be great

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.