Welcome to the crowd mate. Hope u get your hands on the white devil quick... :D

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Welcome dude, and very nice Celica btw!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
There are quite a few of us who have swapped from the Gen7, be prepared for less room in the back and if you had the 190 you'll miss the 6200 rpm boost, but the GT86 is a whole new driving experience if you haven't had RWD before.

I'm happy with the change just miss that peaky power delivery my T-Sport had

Alec

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for the warm welcome guys...
Alec you sound just like the person that I want to speak with, yes I have the 190, I love that lift! but GT 86 is 200bhp? in regards to the seating in the back.... oh well, I'm in the front behind the wheel haha!

The white TRD I have pictured is TRD spec, and idea on release for this, or if the styling pack is an option?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The TRD version is shceduled to be released next year, but unfortunately it seems it won't have all the TRD parts on it, definitely not the brakes as per the pic you posted.

There is a thread around here somewhere about it.

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
JDM_SE7EN said:
I love that lift! but GT 86 is 200bhp?

I think it just that the GT86 has a decent amount of torque lower down in the revs so if you put your boot down at say 3krpms it pulls quite nicely right to the red line, where as in the 190 it had that surge of torque cut in as the cams changed over at 6krpms.... the type R is similar experience too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx for the info Martin... that is a shame, I do hope the skirting kit will still be on it.
GT86Owner... would you say you could have just as much fun as a 190 Celica?
Any owners in the Essex area, Southend-on-Sea that could take me for a spin?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
JDM_SE7EN said:
Thanx for the info Martin... that is a shame, I do hope the skirting kit will still be on it. 
GT86Owner... would you say you could have just as much fun as a 190 Celica?
Any owners in the Essex area, Southend-on-Sea that could take me for a spin?
I can honestly say it's more fun than the T-Sport, I loved my Celica (had it for 8 years) and loved the peaky power (liked driving it fast and overtaking everything), but FWD vs RWD ? It's a whole new fun learning experience.

I was at my parents in Benfleet day after I got it (getting the running in miles out of the way as quick as possible) but am back up North now.

There's a fair few members of the forum who are in Essex, anyone want to recommend the best dealer for test drives ?

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
JDM_SE7EN said:
So it's 200BHP with RWDvs 190BHP FWD with Lift
on a side note, I just watched this

2013 Scion FR-S vs. 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Comparison
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI2snMjBqRE
'...with Lift' What's that?

As to the video, note they are comparing chalk and cheese. An 'R' spec 'thing' with 2.0
Turbo against a standard n/a 2.0 FRS. I'd like to see them do a test with
the standard 'thing' against the standard FRS.
I must admit though that I'm impressed with the FRS only being 1.2 seconds down on the 'R' spec around the track. The lighter weight and better handling makes up for all that power and lard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Musketeer said:
I must admit though that I'm impressed with the FRS only being 1.2 seconds down on the 'R' spec around the track.

Same here! The last genesis coupe was not released in the UK, maybe this one won't be either.

There where 2 engine models for the Gen 7 Celica, 140 VVTi and 190 VVTLi... Variable Valve Timing and Lift intelligent system.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
the base model of the genesis is cheaper than the GT86, BUT if you want to have all the same trimmings you'll pay a lot more so it's pretty clear who the winner is there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.