GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Thought some of you might be interested in pricing and specs we have here in NZ for a comparison to what you have available.

On today's exchange rate (NZ$1 = GBP 0.49813) our pricing is:

GT 86 manual is NZ$46,986 = GBP23,405
Aero kit is NZ$1,600 = GBP797

86 TRD manual is $63,486 = GBP31,624

I'd love to go with the TRD but with no changes to the power I can't really justify an extra NZ$14,900 (GBP7,422) more than the GT86 with aero kit to get the cool exhausts.

Dealer says to get the car then they can order just the bits I want and install later. I might go for the rear bumper, exhaust system and the side skirts (to match the rear bumper) and leave the rest out.

Sorry, don't know how to do a link rather than uploading the spec sheet image.

Paul

Our GT86 specs and pricing is

The 86 TRD specs and pricing is

Edited by: nzer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it really needs a turbo or supercharger to make it worthwhile and perhaps take some of the other bling away to keep the price down

·
Registered
68 Posts
The wing would work if the car was more rally orientated but doesn't sit right with thecoupéstyling really. The ducktail on the TRD version looks good though!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'm a bit nervous about the "plank" having ordered the aero but for 1600 kiwi or about 800gbp the skirts and bumper look good and I figure I can swap out the wing and revert to the GT spoiler if I don't like it.

One interesting thing on the TRD is that they are importing plain 86 models and then factory converting here. Means the TRD version here will be missing some of the wee tweaks that the GT model has. Seems silly that the top of the line TRD model will be missing features on the premium model.

Me thinks better to get a GT and then get the TRD bits you want added later.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I like the idea of the TRD being a limited edition but no sure I could justify that much extra for it.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Agreed, what a great website.
Come on Toyota GB where's your effort

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Tis a good site

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Shame they cant play rugby. Oh. Bugger

·
Registered
855 Posts
Brilliant site, but... anyone spot the specs sheet and more in partiular where they place the rear foglights in NZ?? :p

<table><t><tr><th>Fog lights - In Front Bumper</th>
<td>•</td>
<td>•</td>
<td>•</td>
<td>•</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<th>Fog light - In Rear bumper with diffuser</th>
<td colspan="2">In front bumper</td>
<td colspan="2">LED type in headlight</td></tr></t></table>Just strikes me weird to put the rear fog light in the front bumper, or even more so, in the headlights... :D

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
iwantcheese5 said:
The wing would work if the car was more rally orientated but doesn't sit right with thecoupéstyling really. The ducktail on the TRD version looks good though!

You are spot-on there Cheesy. Many roads in NZ are gravel topped and 'interesting' to drive on. then there's 90 mile beach. I'm sure the GT would be fun to dig out of that.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
MikaelSE said:
Brilliant site, but... anyone spot the specs sheet and more in partiular where they place the rear foglights in NZ?? :p

<TABLE><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TH>Fog lights - In Front Bumper</TH>
<TD>•</TD>
<TD>•</TD>
<TD>•</TD>
<TD>•</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TH>Fog light - In Rear bumper with diffuser</TH>
<TD colSpan=2>In front bumper</TD>
<TD colSpan=2>LED type in headlight</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>Just strikes me weird to put the rear fog light in the front bumper, or even more so, in the headlights... :D

We get front Fog Lights in the front bumper, and rear Fog Lights in the rear. Front are white, rear are red.

Don't worry, you won't get cars with red lights on the front aiming for you.

Cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts