GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do to you all.

Aftet a couple of very exciting test drives when the first demos came out, I'm now in a position to start talking to dealers about money. I'm open minded about GT or BRZ and am happy to wait for delivery.

I wonder if the Yorkshire members would be happy to share their Toyota and Subaru dealer experiences, both purchase and afterwards, as buying from a trust worthy source is more important than a few quid on the overall deal.

Many Thanks

John

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hi Curve Carver and welcome to the club.

I'm a shandy drinking Southern fairy so I have no info on Yorkshire dealers. I was twatting about the Yorkshire Dales a couple of weekends ago with a few guys who would be keen to pass on their experiences.

What I will say is 'Orange Rules'!!
(so that'll make it a Toyota).

All the best with choosing you machine and hopefully will see you around in future meets.

Cheers

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Musketeer.

Being Southern doesn't make you a fairy....shandy drinking however....
. I'm originally from Scotland (been away a few years ago now) where shandy is actually illegal!

Look forward to the feedback and to meeting you.

Yer health

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I'm actually a real ale and whiskey drinker. I don't like shandy as it spoils the taste of the beer. Had a few pints of heavy in my time and even ordered a haggis pizza in the Ensign Ewart on the Royal Mile.

·
Registered
855 Posts
For those of us not aquianted with shandy.... can u enlighten us... (well, me) hehe

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
MikaelSE said:
For those of us not aquianted with shandy.... can u enlighten us... (well, me) hehe
A mixture of beer and Lemonade, usually drunk by children getting close to being old enough to drink beer, used as a term of offence when directed at an adult, see also Lager Top and Lager and Lime.

Alec

The lemonade by the way is the English sort which has no relationship to lemons and is basically fizzy sugary water, see R.Wrights Lemonade.Edited by: keelerad

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hi mate. I'm from Northallerton area and bought my GT from RMB Northallerton. Personally, I've never got on with the dealer in York, I think it's to do with their inability to make me an offer to buy from them. You certainly need to talk to other dealers - Leeds (Benfield), Northallerton RMB) and Knaresborough although Knaresborough is Vantage like York. Good luck with whatever you do and don't let the dealer convince you to buy their expensive GAP insurance and supaguard paint treatments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.