GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new wheels fitted today... photo taken just as off the jack so will settle a bit..

Rota Torque 17x7.5 Gun Metal

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IIRC about a kilo lighter than stock. Staying with the oem tyres.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
18's shouldn't fill the gap unless you fit the wrong tyres, which of course you could do with 17's too!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
well what I meant is they suit the gap better, they may not literally fill the gap, but from a perspective view they will as there is more alloy.

if that makes sense? haha

It does for me anyway.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Nice one, more pics please....still haven't found any alloys I like yet except maybe these

but no idea how to get them. Can you feel the difference shaving off a kilo per corner?

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not yet.. it's been so wet and greasy this week that i've not really been able to benchmark the OEM wheels.. oh well, too late now!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
18's would allow a slimmer more rigid tyre; keeping diameter much the same

There is tyre flex under hard cornering with the stock set up

Going to try some Tsw nurburgring 18 8s

·
Registered
482 Posts
i like 18's but i wouldnt really want any extra weight so it will be a careful choice for me .

edit to add theres to many to choose one style tho

Edited by: yahtzee

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can get 18's that are lighter than the OEM wheels, however for 99% daily driving on British roads i'd prefer to retain the sidewall compliance for ultimate grip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.