GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from a big
owner
Just collected my pearly white (photos to follow)and wanted to have your imput regarding the owners manual recomendition on the 1000 mile running in???
Any one had any other info regarding this from dealerships?
And did you really stick to it?

Also when quizzed them regarding the "GT86 Passport" they just said it was the owners pack! is that all it is or have I been fobbed off!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
see this thread

and this one

As for the GT86 passport I don't remember getting one with mine, unless it's the name for the quick start guide or some other doc in the pack.

AlecEdited by: keelerad

G

·
Hi Guys, yes dealer said to me that i didn't need to run the engine in as it came pre run in? Basically drive it as i meant to go on! However on later inspection of the owners manual, it said do not go above 4000 revs for the first 1000 miles and do not drive continually at constant speeds. I'm following the info. per the owners manual, however did take it well passed the 4000 revs last weekend overtaking a lorry. oops!

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
RichieRich said:
Hi Guys, yes dealer said to me that i didn't need to run the engine in as it came pre run in? Basically drive it as i meant to go on! However on later inspection of the owners manual, it said do not go above 4000 revs for the first 1000 miles and do not drive continually at constant speeds. I'm following the info. per the owners manual, however did take it well passed the 4000 revs last weekend overtaking a lorry. oops!
I've been driving in moderation. I've red lined it, poodled around, cruised on the motorway and chucked it around some bends. Try to keep it below 4-5k with some excursions for overtaking ect

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I've also been told in the past not to strain the engine with too low of revs, any ideas what revs in what gears would be too low?

G

·
Very similar also, like you say in moderation. Still got a few miles to go before i reach the 1000 miles, and i can't wait.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Passport is the leather wallet which holds the quickstart guide etc etc - or that's what the label calls it anyway.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Keethos said:
I've also been told in the past not to strain the engine with too low of revs, any ideas what revs in what gears would be too low?

You don't want to be below 1500rpm when cruising as a rule, though not going below 2000rpm would arguably be better. Never give it full throttle below 3500rpm will mean you won't labour the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.