GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been reading the latest Toyota e-mag on the iPad. There's a nice feature (including video) of the 86 in Snowdonia. They talk of the standard features including the auto dimming rear view mirror. I know the mirror is a lovely frameless affair but is it deffo not auto dimming glass as Toyota keep referring to it as such. Can anyone who has their 86 confirm it's not auto dimming glass.

Cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Its not auto-dimming! I have to shift in my seat whenever there's a loon with super-brite headlights following me. I've driven cars with auto-dim, its quite nice -- trust me this car does not have it.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
kezski said:
Its not auto-dimming! I have to shift in my seat whenever there's a loon with super-brite headlights following me. I've driven cars with auto-dim, its quite nice --  trust me this car does not have it.
Should have it, this from brochure, 7th item in list. Can't check mine as the Mrs. has taken it to work as I'm working from home today

Alec

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
kezski said:
Its not auto-dimming! I have to shift in my seat whenever there's a loon with super-brite headlights following me. I've driven cars with auto-dim, its quite nice -- trust me this car does not have it.
Matbe a Faulty Driver..

er sorry meant Faulty Mirror...he he

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The brochure is wrong! the mirror is not auto, it has the old school switch to alter the angle and that's it

Alec

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
This is a bit like when they were publishing that it had a rear camera until someone asked on the Toyota blog and they swiftly removed it from the toyota website........

I guess noone has brought it to their attention yet. Just think off all the money they are saving by letting customers check their marketing infomation for them.....

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
At goodwood i was told it had parking camera and auto mirror...i will make my mind up when i get my car as to weather i complain about a mirror or not...i do not care really about a mirror but as you say...the sale of goods act does apply Toyota..are you listening to us???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.