GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 GT86
72 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, looks very smart. Only thing I'd want to do to that is VLAND rear lights. I fitted them to mine:

Never been a fan of the pre-facelift rear lights. They age the car in my opinion. The VLAND ones could pass for OEM.

Just my 2p!

Enjoy the car - I'm sure you will (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the purchase, looks very smart. Only thing I'd want to do to that is VLAND rear lights. I fitted them to mine:

Never been a fan of the pre-facelift rear lights. They age the car in my opinion. The VLAND ones could pass for OEM.

Just my 2p!

Enjoy the car - I'm sure you will (y)
Thanks a lot, really enjoying it so far and VLAND taillights and headlights are on the list! where’s the best place to buy them? their official website?

·
Registered
2013 GT86
72 Posts
Thanks a lot, really enjoying it so far and VLAND taillights and headlights are on the list! where’s the best place to buy them? their official website?
Good stuff. I got mine from Amazon. Pretty swift delivery too 👌

Gotta love the sequential indicators 😁

·
Registered
32 Posts
I may be in a minority here, but one very cheap mod works wonders for everyday liveability, and can be reversed in seconds if you change your mind.
Plug the sound tube in the cabin. I had to do mine for the sake of the missus, but I honestly prefer the quieter interior.

Here's what I used:

Takes 2 seconds to fit, and if you prefer the engine noise, you can remove them and you've lost nothing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Made a post on here for opinions on a switch from a Golf GTD to an 86, i was convinced, a month later i’ve had my 86 for a couple weeks and i love it.

Any recommendations on the first mods to do to it? Thanks!
View attachment 8094
Congratulations on buying an 86 - I did find myself wondering how your test-drive went 🙂

In terms of mods, I'm probably sounding a bit like @Kaviar here, but the 86 is great straight out of the box, so it can pay to just live with it a while and then you should get a better idea of what - if anything - you fancy changing.

Reactions: IvanDP
1 - 9 of 9 Posts