GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I just cannot get the smile off my face. Tonight has to be the first time since I moved here that I'm really appreciating Milton Keynes roundabouts!!

Although I've had some lovely country driving today, couldn't resist going out for a little drive tonight, second I pulled out it peed it down. Thought that was the end of that, boy was I wrong!! 1hr of random driving later and at every roundabout with zero traffic I fully enjoyed throttle steering and that lovely LSD.

What a car. OMG. This is the mostfunI have ever had in a car. Had cars that make you feel great, or possibly more exciting, but just nowhere close for sheer enjoyment. It's certainly got the 'go-cart' factor! It's great to be able to accelerate through the gears for so long and still remain legal (in MK anyway!)

And this is all (mostly) limited to 4,000 RPM which I'm going to do for 100 miles and then progressively start pushing it further. I've never had so much fun driving at the speed limit.

Wow, we are seriously lucky people....

Anyway - my car pictures below. There are a few, got carried away!! I ordered with both sets of stripes, the carbon look mirrors and then drove straight from the dealer to my tint guys in Milton Keynes. Got to shout Chameleon, they are top blokes and do a great job. Got tints to rear only, and also took a chance on a carbon fibre look wrap to the bottom part of the grill, kind of like a splitter. The lines are perfect and I think it looks great. Subtle, but gives a slightly different feel. Also removed the Toyota badge, much prefer it. Toying with the idea of taking the logo off, and moving the GT86 logo to the top middle too - what do you think???

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Car looks great. The Toyota emblem on the back is held on by pins so if you take it off you'll be left with two holes.
What you say about the car is exactly how I feel about mine. On a couple of occassions I've actually clapped the car because it's so impressive.

Edited by: en8wall

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Got any skunk?
Congrats. And FINALLY we have a reason for Milton Keynes

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think I'll leave the toyota logo then, I'd thought it was only the front that had the pins :(

I'm off to eBay to buy a new set of indicator bulbs all round (white with orange blink), saw posts on here with the same and they look nice :)

Edited by: pt86

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Congrats and looking good....though I don't think your driving it enough....there's not enough dead bugs on the front of your car

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Musketeer said:
pt86 said:
The car is my little treat for not having skunk anymore 

The car looks like a skunk with those stripes on it.

Well that's it named then, Pepe

Like the carbon wrap under the grille

Alec Edited by: keelerad

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol!! I'm getting that made into a graphic for the back ;)

I'm really liking the wrap too, certainly worth £40 given the cost of the wrap (it's good quality stuff) and the 1hr he spent doing painstaking lines with it.. Very nice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.