GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 210 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After three weeks, despite me asking before collection, they've finally agreed to update my SatNav maps. They want the car for at least the morning which seems a tad ridiculous to me, but at least it's getting done at last.Has anyone else had trouble getting this done or is just my dealer being slow?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
No, i've had trouble as well despite me asking for it to be done prior to collection.

When i collected my car the problem was that they needed to download an update file which would take a couple of hours (due to size and their connection) and (allegedly) Toyota would only allow it to be done out of hours. Was a bit pissed off considering I emailed them asking for this to be done on the Thursday evening and then picked my car up on the Tuesday afternoon.

So they agreed to arrange with a local dealerfor me to get this done FOC at a time convenient to me. Popped in tolocal dealershipon Friday morning and had a similar thing, it was going to take 2hrs for them to download the file once they had the details from my car. So I left letting them download the file and will go back sometime this week for the update.

I think a lot of it may be down to the individual dealerships experience with updating the Sat nav as my supplying dealership said they'd never done an update before.

Edited by: Martin F

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dealer tried to update mine prior to me picking it up on 1st Sept, but their system crashed whilst downloading (when their servers were backed up during the night) so I arranged a time the following week. It took them 25 minutes while I waited. Good service from the guys at WKB Toyota.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
This along with the amount they charge for future updates (we had the Toyota SatNav in my Wife's old Avensis Verso) is why I just stuck with my TomTom

Alec

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Lordgrover, I really hope you dont get what I had:
I took mine back to update the MAPs (dealer had downloaded the lastest maps) but Toyota UK put a limit of 250miles on the nav update so it wouldnt work. Now they have a special authorisation code and had to download it again. Im still waiting

·
Registered
655 Posts
GT86Owner said:
Lordgrover, I really hope you dont get what I had:
I took mine back to update the MAPs (dealer had downloaded the lastest maps) but Toyota UK put a limit of 250miles on the nav update so it wouldnt work. Now they have a special authorisation code and had to download it again. Im still waiting

Talk about inventing problems!

Gooogle One; ToyotaUK minus several million.

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
lordgrover said:
Thanks for the heads up - I'll query that when I drop it off.
No Worries. I've had it in a dealers twice trying to update the nav and still nothing! Wait for the sales manager to get back to me with nav update, touchup kit and Oil (if not free I wont buy it)

·
Registered
406 Posts
lordgrover said:
After three weeks, despite me asking before collection, they've finally agreed to update my SatNav maps. They want the car for at least the morning which seems a tad ridiculous to me, but at least it's getting done at last.Has anyone else had trouble getting this done or is just my dealer being slow?
Had my Sat Nav update done within a week of collecting the car. It only took 30 minutes to do the update my understanding is that they plug their computer through the usb port and carry outthe download. It does not need a technician to do the work. Unless they are doing a block booking with 10 cars for the morning yourdealer is taking the p###.

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Musketeer said:
I have a £175 Garmin with free lifetime map updates. It sits on the dash where I can see it without taking my eyes off the road. What's the problem?
We've been through this multiple time with multiple people. Yes the Nav is expensive and a bit rubbish but we like it becuse it nicely integrated into the dash and looks tidy.....

so there

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
GT86Owner said:
Musketeer said:
I have a £175 Garmin with free lifetime map updates. It sits on the dash where I can see it without taking my eyes off the road. What's the problem?
We've been through this multiple time with multiple people. Yes the Nav is expensive and a bit rubbish but we like it becuse it nicely integrated into the dash and looks tidy.....

so there
Oooo. Not only do you have a red car GT86Owner, but a red tongue too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If anyone who has had the update done successfully would be willing to let me know the dealer's name and a contact I'd be grateful.They've had my car since 0800 and they've just called to say they may need it overnight.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.