GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, now had three test drives.
1) All day in France with What Car in LHD Manual Burnt Orange with cloth interior.

2) Drove Black Auto with leather last week.

3) Today I drove ared manual with leather at another local garage. Wow! It looks soooooo good in Red, the salesman let me drive it properly and I had the traction control light flashing a couple of times around roundabouts. The manual is very close with the gears and I didn't always know where I was, maybe because I'm so used to Auto's. When the dealer stopped the car to let me drive it at a big supermarket we had people asking what it was and when I pulled out onto the main road one guy just stopped his car in the middle of the road and stared! Great stuff!!!! I really can't wait now.

Oh.....and no rear badge!

Edited by: en8wall

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too, it looks great in sunlight compared to in showroom. The salesman was telling me red is now the launch colour.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks nice mate, not keen on the decals at all though.

Ive seen everyone saying no badges on the demos. I took this out for a test drive yesterday.. notice anything? :)

Edited by: Nick2528

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed, decals aren't for me. Jesus! a rear badge!!!
Ive emailed someone in toyota pr department yesterdayto let them know about badgeissueas i want one on my car. For £28k I deserve one!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Lets face it. It's a crap car isnt it?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
en8wall said:
Agreed, decals aren't for me. Jesus! a rear badge!!!

Ive emailed someone in toyota pr department yesterdayto let them know about badgeissueas i want one on my car. For £28k I deserve one!

You should get one, its just demo cars that dont. I know for sure one car has already been delivered to a customer and it has a badge.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've contacted Toyota PR manager on twitter and he believes rear badges are being fitted to customer cars by dealers after launch. Apparently all customer cars will be badged up.
And I quote "I gather from <s>@</font></s>mcb1965</font> that badges were applied during the dealer launch event. Customer cars all badged up"

I responded to mcb "<s>@</font></s>mcb1965</font> toyotapr mentioned you know why GT86's dont have rear badges on them at mo? Will they all get badges? ta

and got this back "Sorry, I don't know why. All I know is that during the dealer launch the badges appeared mid-week. Dealers apparently fitting

followed by sendinghim this "thanks, loads of us on gt86 owners club forum worried cars wont be coming with badges. All the dealer demo's dont have badges?

Fingers crossed eh.

·
Registered
123 Posts
nice one thanks for that didnt really think they would leave us without badges but thanks for finding that out

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
He belivies? my dealer didnt even know they had them! I really hope so, because they set the back end off

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't worry, I've emailed him(head of PR & Public affairs) separately this morning about badgesand also raised the issue about holes in rear wheel arch.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just had this back from guy on twitter toyotapr put me in touch with.....

"Sorry again, the only thing I know is that the cars gained badges, and a dealer friend said that the badges were arriving separately."I'll let you know whatToyota say when I get a reply from my email. Seems it's being sorted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts