GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, as promised here are some more pics that I took today out for a proper run in my white knight, went out to discover some pretty nice roads around the back of Southam, nice short twistie sprints....a lot of stopping and turning around cos I had no idea where I was going....it's weird for me to just drive around and try and get lost, I've always got a target location and I'll wonder around to get there....but to not have anywhere to go besides following a given road is different for me.....much like shopping, I go into to town to get what I need and get out, never really wonder around and window shop.....but enough of that....enjoy:

Mid day start

Quick stop.....these are for your Alec

Looking forward to my long drive up to Bradford on Friday, avoiding all motorways and taking a detour through Snakes Pass

·
Registered
571 Posts
I can only imagine the thrill you must be experiencing sub 4000 rpm of course. But still you have been patient and deserve it. The white was always a good choice, would have been happy with it. Enjoy every second of it.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys, guna do a bit more exploring tomorrow will wonder over to stoneleigh, will be popping over to a couple of Subaru dealers to see if they have any spare wheels....and maybe even look at the price for their side vents

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Nice motor that...

Have fun !

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Keethos said:
Where did you get that missile launcher fitted? Does it hide in the boot when not activated? Do you have to have the rear seat-back down for it to fit? What range has it got? Can you remotely control it with your i-Phone? Does it come in metallic Orange?

Edited by: Musketeer

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL, yeah, I've had to drop the back seats and even remove the passenger seat to house this bad boy, its a MRBM (medium range ballistic missile) with a range of about 2000miles, controlled with my android phone (too awesome for iphones I'm afraid
) and it can come in any colour you like...I use it to take out any idiots who can't park properly....I've also got a box of proximity mines that I place around my car when parked at the supermarket so no one parks next to me

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sadly not, but there's a group by for Chuck Noris', he'll stop people parking next to you

As promised, a couple more pics of the boot and the Sub:

Very easy to unclip, unscrew (but does take a while to unscrew) and then the sub just lifts of. I wondered over to a Subaru garage today (Balsall Common) to try out their space saver, it fits in the wheel well no problem, however, the JBL doesn't stick on top properly and the screw won't reach all the way through.....so no luck there.....this was the wheel I tried I believe:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I wonder if that space adds to the bass effect. Filling it with polystyrene/wheel may make better support for boot luggage, at expense of sound? Thanks also for resolving the subaru wheel fitting question.

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
a18ttc said:
Thanks for the pics. I wonder if that space adds to the bass effect. Filling it with polystyrene/wheel may make better support for boot luggage, at expense of sound? Thanks also for resolving the subaru wheel fitting question.
I assume the sub has been designed to work in that enclosure (the black round thing) so it should have too much of an affect.....

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've asked that question as to whether it needs that area around the sub foracousticpurposes but I'm not sure it does now. The Subaru dealer believes it will fit on the car no problem and it fits in the wheel well no problem, just not with the Sub unless you were to modify the sub slightly, on the under side, there is a plastic cylinder/tub that the sub uses to sit on the cone like stub in the wheel well, if you were to remove this, it would probably sit on the space saver properly and hopefully the long screw will then reach (I'll take another pic to make this more clear)....but this is all guess work still.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL, good find

Well, took another couple of snaps to show the sub more and to point out a couple of things:

You can see in the centre there a raised cylinder, if that was to by shortened or removed, it would probably (still guessing) sit on the Subaru wheel better....but that might be too much of a faf and probably won't sit very well without the spare wheel in place.

You should also be able to see the hole that channels the sound around the sub, since a spare wheel wouldn't cover that up, it shouldn't affect the acoustics of the sub.

I've also just had another look at the installation manual and if my dealer is only going along the lines of what this manual shows, I fear that there's not other hope.

My dealer believes the spare to be a 16" steel wheel with a full size tyre on it (not a space saver), I question if this would mean the carpet cover will bulge up but he assures me that it wouldn't. The images above show what looks like a full size wheel but it does in fact protrude higher than a space saver would, but as you can also see, the carpet cover has a circularcut-out.

Edited by: Keethos

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.