GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What music is everyone listening to when driving with
the windows down through country lanes in their GT86's? Has to be Karnataka 'The
Gathering Light', awesome album . I'm waiting on their live tour 'New
Light' album, about to be released any day now. Did anyone else see
them live? Of course if I was in receipt of a new car to drive down
country lanes and listen to the fantastic Karnataka I would be a happy
bunny but like the rest of you its still a waiting game. ho hum.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Someone pass me the razors so i can kill myself before i have to listen to another second of that tripe :)

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I'm actually going to be very sad and bring all of your collective ire down on me, but I'm waiting for .... shhhhhhh ... marillions new album (yes, them that sang Kayleigh .. yawn) in 2 weeks time to blast out, and in particular the aptly named 'Power'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3xi-Ef6Ydo

Ok. You can stop laughing now. Ingrates.

·
Registered
469 Posts
TBucket said:
I'm actually going to be very sad and bring all of your collective ire down on me, but I'm waiting for .... shhhhhhh ... marillions new album (yes, them that sang Kayleigh .. yawn)
Nowt wrong with Marillion, good band... Most of their stuff is better than 90% of pretty much anything that has charted in the past decade.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Angel C said:
TBucket said:
I'm actually going to be very sad and bring all of your collective ire down on me, but I'm waiting for .... shhhhhhh ... marillions new album (yes, them that sang Kayleigh .. yawn)
Nowt wrong with Marillion, good band... Most of their stuff is better than 90% of pretty much anything that has charted in the past decade.
I like you. A lot!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
AC/DC, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Muse, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Chickenfoot, Them Crooked Vultures, Stone Temple Pilots, Hedkandi stuff, Led Zeppelin, Black Country Communion, Aerosmith, The Beach Boys, Balbino Medallin, Alain Bashung, The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Cassie Taylor, Dani Wilde, Samantha Fish, Chris Rea, ZZ Top. Oh I could go on and on and on. You really don't want to know.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Musketeer said:
AC/DC, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Muse, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Chickenfoot, Them Crooked Vultures, Stone Temple Pilots, Hedkandi stuff, Led Zeppelin, Black Country Communion, Aerosmith, The Beach Boys, Balbino Medallin, Alain Bashung, The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Cassie Taylor, Dani Wilde, Samantha Fish, Chris Rea, ZZ Top. Oh I could go on and on and on. You really don't want to know.

You need to add Marillion. Your taste has promise

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
West who? Justin what? Sanseverino, Blondie, Goldfish (especially Fort Knox), Pretenders, Chuck Berry, The Clash, Cramps, Devo, Dire Straits, Queen, Dr Feelgood, Dream Theater, Rush, Aprill Wine, ELO, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, Garbage, Gong, Gorillaz, Guns & Roses, Henrik Freischlaser, Joanne Shaw Taylor.
I did say I could go on and on and on. I still can.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Musketeer said:

Brilliant choice of music, I agree you should add Marillion and have a listen to Karnataka if you like Pink Floyd you'll like them - prog rock.

·
Registered
90 Posts
No prog rock collection is complete without the awesome Porcupine Tree plus a dash of Magenta and a bit of Yes.
On the odd day when the sun shines there's nothing like cruising along to some classic Eagles or a bit of smooth jazz rock from Larry Carlton or some proper R n B like Sam Cooke or James Hunter. Also, for all the other Blues rock nuts out there, try Larry Miller, Matt Schofield, Joe Bonamassa, Buddy Whittington and Aynsley Lister.

Taken with most of the others mentioned by Musketeer that should cover most moods and situations. There is of course a place for Westlife, Take That, Justin Bieber etc, but thats in my wifes car so we usually travel in silence in that one!

·
Registered
363 Posts
OK, not that it will interest many, but here goes and not in any order:-

1970's Bowie, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Van Halen (up until 1984), Dream Theater, Larry Carlton, Dave Brubeck Quartet, Ozric Tentacles, Hendrix, Toto, Steve Lukather, Pink Floyd, Chikenfoot, Satch, Radiohead most decent guitar orientated band music.. Prokofiev... Some weird sh1t...

G

·
Meh.

Screeching Weasels, Dag Nasty, Mad Caddies, Rancid, Andrew WK, Liam Lynch, etc.
Also Andy Williams, Frank Sinatra & Edith Piaf.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.