GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

We've been attempting to connect an HTC Wildfire, to play stuff via BT.

It seems OK; you can play & pause it via the Touch and the sound goes off on the phone when you play, but no sounds from the 86. Phone mode works fine.

Anyone got any ideas other than hit it with a hammer?

TIA

N

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup; otherwise the phone & audio control wouldn't work at all!

It's just the audio sound that doesn't; you can play & pause the phone.

It's most likely a phone setting thang.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
To state the bleedin' obviouse; if you haven't done so, check the car's and the phone's manuals. They might have the answer.
You wouldn't believe how many people don't read the manual for the answer to a problem.

·
Registered
78 Posts
When pairing did you select 'all services'? (or something like that) or like I did.. Just press music!
As when you connect for the first time you get options; can pair the Bluetooth for just phone, or just music .. Where 'all' option should import phone book/calls, music and if you have satnav I think does all the google type stuff..
Then just goto audio on the stereo and select Bluetooth (while connected) and it should play from your phone no probs

Maybe delete the BT connection and reconnect?
I removed my original connection/redid it with 'all' option and was able to use the full BT functionality.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys - those last couple are some really useful tips.

Further research suggests connecting HTCs via BT seems to be an incredibly shonky business - one guy did find turning the sound right down & right up fixed it - with a Ford Sync!

As with most of these things, it's probably a case of keep buggering round with it - ot use an aux cable.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've just joined the forum and have a query about streaming music from my phone (Spotify) over Bluetooth in the GT86 (looking to buy 2012-2014 old soon ).

Do all versions of the GT86 multimedia system allow this, or only certain models e.g. Touch, Touch & go, etc? Still trying to work out what the car comes with as standard/upgraded i.e. if Touch is the standard.

·
Registered
762 Posts
All Toyotas support it. Hit Media > All> Bluetooth, then follow the sync instructions.

I dont have the sat nav in my 2013 model and stream spotify from my iphone pretty much exclusively.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yes all systems do it, you just have to go to settings and pair your phone first

·
Registered
762 Posts
Nelix said:
My iphone works fine as a phone, but if IU use it for music via bluetooth there is no volume at all, can barely be heard with both devices volumes at max.

No such problem here, my iPhone is on max, stereo on 35-40 depending on what's playing.

·
Registered
897 Posts
You need to go to settings and 'connect for music'. There are 3 options:music
data
phone

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.