GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not important for most I know but mine will spend a lot of time on the motorway going between Essex and Kent, I read somewhere that they had got 44mpg on the motorway, how are you lucky ones who already have their car finding the motorway mpg? I am thinking it should be ok at approx 60mph as engine will be on low revs.
(before anyone says you should have got a diesel for motorway mpg, I know but I do get some twisties, it will liven up the getting on and off them, weekend fun, and is the comfiest car I have sat in due to driving position
)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Im averaging around 40-45 mpg on the motorway, thats sitting at 75 in 6th at about 3000rpm.about 2 weeks ago i did a 600miles round trip to Edinburgh on a tank and a half. the average for the entire trip motorway, twisties and city was 39.9. To be fair icouldn'tbe happier, the car seams a really good all rounder.

·
Registered
223 Posts
rich172 said:
Im averaging around 40-45 mpg on the motorway, thats sitting at 75 in 6th at about 3000rpm.
about 2 weeks ago i did a 600miles round trip to Edinburgh on a tank and a half. the average for the entire trip motorway, twisties and city was 39.9. To be fair icouldn'tbe happier, the car seams a really good all rounder.

I did a 700 mile round trip up to Glasgow and my average was 38.7 - to be fair I did give it some going through Cumbria however I used the cruise control a lot around the 80mpg mark, so I think its excellent

·
Registered
566 Posts
It sounds good. I need the car as a daily driver and one of the reasons to choose the GT86 over another coupe was the attractive MPG .... not that it mattered any more after the test drive!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.