GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember someone asking if the trip computer could show miles remaining, it can't, but if you can multiply by 10 and subtract in your head...

If you reset the trip meter and average miles per gallon when you fill up then its a simple bit of maths

Whatever the average mpg is multiply by 10 (as 10 gallon tank) this is your range on that tankfull. Subtract miles done from as per trip meter and that's how many miles you have left.

So as an example average mpg showing 27.5 mpg, tank range would be 275, if you've done 115, then you have 275-115=160 left

Only works if you remember to reset the mpg when you fill up

Alec
Edited by: keelerad

·
Registered
571 Posts
I prefer to weigh my car after each trip. The weight loss can be converted to the weight of petrol, which can then calculate volume of petrol used, therefore subtracting that from the original volume filled, you can work out how much fuel you have. If you then divide this by your mpg, you can workout the distance you can travel before you run out of fuel.
Save money on chewing gum, just dip rubber bands in toothpaste.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no you'd never get the required accuracy when looking for a kilo or two in a tonne, not unless you cut the car up into lots of small approx 1kg bits and used an accurate balance

Alec

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then you have another gallon left as a reserve (besides 25.7 times 10 is easier than times 11), add on the ave mpg to the miles left to really empty, or if you switch to driving in granny mode probably another 40 miles?

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
977 Posts
Not only no fuel countdown, there's no warning lamp for the screen wash. Just assumed there would be.... Bit frustrating when they're putting cruise control on a car like this!!

G

·
On a tunnel run today, the fuel light came on pretty much at the start.
After about an hour blatting about with some less than economical running I filled up. The fecker still only took 41.13 litres. So at least a gallon after the light came on I still had 2 gallons to go, minimum.
That's belt and braces.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.