GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought we could start the ball rolling on ideas for a meet for those of us in the middle'ish parts of the UK..? Hoping to include people in the Midlands and North East / West.

Seeing as a lot of us are due to get cars during September... October seems a good month to go for and as much as I'd like to get to the South East Meet, it is 200 miles or so away...

Edited: My suggestion is to go for the same Sunday (4th November unless it reverts back to 14th / 21st October) as the South East Meet, so at least a lot of the group would be at a meet somewhere on the same day.

Discussion, meeting places, routes welcome.

Edited by: Angel C

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Angel C said:
Thought we could start the ball rolling on ideas for a meet for those of us in the middle'ish parts of the UK..? Hoping to include people in the Midlands and North East / West.

Seeing as a lot of us are due to get cars during September... October seems a good month to go for and as much as I'd like to get to the South East Meet, it is 200 miles or so away...

My first suggestion is to go for the same Sunday (14th or 21st October) as the South East Meet, so at least a lot of the group would be at a meet somewhere on the same day.

Discussion, meeting places, routes welcome.
Still planning a wholecountry meet up. Would be closer to you than me I'm guessing :) Trouble is there's always going to be new members waiting for their cars as orders keep coming in. We should put a line in the sand and a location. Otherwise there will always be someone waiting until next month

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kodename47 said:
Our date has changed..... But obviously that doesn't have to mean yours does too.
That's fine, I just thought it was a nice idea to have the majority of the group meet up on the same day... If 4th November suits more people that's good.

I should be free for most Sundays in October and November... and by then I should have most of my first 1000 miles completed.

Was just thinking a meet further North would be good for some of us too far away to get to the South East Meet.

As a very loose 'line in the sand' should I start by suggesting anyone further North than say Birmingham to Peterborough..?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I'm in (Macclesfield)

Alec

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just found what looks like a really nice 25 mile road (A57 Snake Pass) between Sheffield and Glossop, about 25 miles long and some great scenery, twisty corners and hopefully some photo opportunities for group photos of lots of GT86s...

Could meet at Meadowhall or the McCrappy™ near Toys R Us if that's a good start for anyone (Still a 2 hour drive for me to get there..!), I'm not overly familiar with Sheffield so suggestions welcome.

I'll start a list for those interested...

1) Angel C

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DoogleDog said:
How about derbyshire lovely countryside plenty of places such as Matlock or Buxton
That could work well, Matlock and Buxton are just below the Snake Pass route and that could work as decent length round trip... The A6 between Matlock and Buxton via Bakewell looks good... this could shape up as a nice scenic day out.

Could start at any of these four locations: Sheffield, Glossop, Buxton, Matlock..?
We could cut out (part of) Sheffield if necessary, starting finishing near the Sheffield United FC Site might be easier but it looks like we need to at least go round the A61 ring road to get at the A57 Snake Pass.

If 4th Nov works for most I'm happy to go with that as it'll keep it the same as the South East Meet and that seems their preferred date too.

Here's a rough look at the route: 82 miles, about 2 and half hours estimated (Google Maps)

Link shows slightly shorter route (avoiding part of Sheffield): http://goo.gl/maps/sfhSg

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Angel C said:
I'll start a list for those interested...

1) Angel C
2) keelerad

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
So we need some more oop North with a Blue, Red, White and Grey !

Alec

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
So that's the Red sorted

Alec

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
1) Angel C
2) keelerad3) Doogle Dog
4) Faz1
5) Keethos

I'll put my name down for the time being (so we've got a white one covered
) but that's if nothing springs up especially work wise.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Excellent: Red, Black, Orange and Silver sorted... over half way to a full set.

Edit: Ooh, and White - Keethos got a post in while I was composing this..!

Just been checking parts of the route on Google and there's some great views plus a few decent stops for photos and a break (like we need them..!?).

·
Registered
51 Posts
B&Q is not far from the suggest start point at Bramhall Lane. We could pop in for a few tins of Dulux if we don't get all the colours!

Not sure how many coats it would need to cover the red though...

Edited by: Faz1

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Faz1 said:
B&Q is not far from the suggest start point at Bramhall Lane. We could pop in for a few tins of Dulux if we don't get all the colours!

Not sure how many coats it would need to cover the red though...

Ooh eck! How could you suggest such a thing... Pour B&Q paint on a GT86..?!
How many layers of polish and wax do I need to keep my car 'safe' from this madman..???

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Whitey83 said:
my cars due start of october so if its here in time im up for a meet

chris
Excellent, added to list.

1) Angel C (Okay for 14th Oct / 21st Oct / 4th Nov)
2) keelerad
3) Doogle Dog
4) Faz15) Keethos
6) Whitey83

If people put preferred dates they can do that might help to narrow it down, unless everyones happy with 4th Nov..?

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.