GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<center></center>

MeisterR</font> Zeta-R</font> Coilovers for Toyota GT86 / Subaru BRZ ( RRP: £749.00 )

The Zeta-R coilovers are build bespoke for the GT86 / BRZ chassis, everything are included and will bolt on the car straight out of the box.
The spring rates and damper rate are design so you are able to get a compliant ride through uneven country road surface without being excessively harsh for daily use.

A quick overview of the Zeta-R Coilovers: high quality adjustable monotube dampers, linear rate springs, and a modern dual perch coilovers design.
Zeta-R have revised damping specifically made for the UK roads, longer damper stroke travel for the bumps and dips, and 36 stage damping adjustment for fine tuning your desired ride.

Spring Rate:
Front: 6.0 kg/mm (336lb/in)
Rear: 6.0 kg/mm (336lb/in)

Aluminium Top Mount with PillowBall Bearing and Camber Adjustments.
Anodised Red Aluminium Top Mount with Integrated PillowBall Bearing and Camber Adjustments
The Camber Adjustments allows precise setting of your front camber geometry (No need for Camber Bolts) and will reduce tyre wear from excessive negative cambers from lowering.

MonoTube Dampers with Black Chromium Plated Body, Cold Coiling SAE9254 Chrome Silicon Steel Springs
MonoTube Dampers ensure high performance damping and ability to dissipate heat under hard usage.
The Black Chromium Plating have endure salt spray test and is by far the best anti-corrosion plating available.
There are 36 stage damping adjustment (Compression and Rebound Combined).
Lengthen Rubber Boot ensure the damper piston will be protected from harsh environment.
The Cold Coiled Linear Rate Springs use high grade SAE9254 Steel to ensure strength and provide linear and predictable weight transfer characteristic.

Anodised Aluminium Spring Perch and Locking Collar
Lightweight Aluminium Collars are use to lock your springs and brackets in place.
The "Polyamide" springs isolator are use to reduce noise and spring binding issue associated with rubber isolator.

Steel Lower Bracket.
Steel Lower Brackets ensure strength are maintain during hard usages.
We choose steel over aluminum because in case of a catastrophic failure (such as in a collision), steel will bend where aluminum will shatter.
The double wall welded design also makes the unit much stronger by reinforcing the edge of the bracket wall.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or E-mail me at [email protected]
I am more than happy to assist any questions you have. :)

Edited by: MeisterR

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,
a few of my mates run MeisterR on their trackday Miatas and I hear nothing but good things about MeisterR.

Few questions:

Is this coilover comparable to the type S?

Saw the droplinks in your pic, are they included, needed,... What for?

The GT86 is gonna be my daily ride, so I'll drive in winter. How do the MeisterR coilovers cope with salt? Will the alunium parts still be adjustable after the winter...? Any experiences?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a picture of a GT86 on MeisterR coilovers from one of our member. :)

All GT86 coilovers from MeisterR will be Zeta-R as there will be the pillowball top mount in the front with camber adjustments.
The damper thread "black chromium" coating are salt spray tested under ASTM B117 standard for 120 hours with no corrosion.

We will have the GT86 Zeta-R coilovers in stock in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that we are stepping into December, I thought I will post up that I will review the offer at the end of the year.So the current £100 Off will stand until the end of December, after that I will decide what to do.
If anyone are interested in getting into the deal and need a bit more time, drop me a PM and I'll arrange something. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Happy New Year Everyone!
Just to let everyone know that we will be reviewing this offer Mid January.So if anyone have any questions, please feel free to let me know.
All the best to everyone, and please enjoy a great new year! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to say that the offer is still running, but i will be reviewing the offer soon.<br style="color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; ">So if you are interested and want to get the £100 off, the offer is still on.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Man these look gorgeous...

R32 GTR, how do they ride now you've been running them for a while?? What settings did you go with and what is the improvement in handling / feel??

MeisterR, what range of camber settings can you get with the top mount (wth looks gorgeous...)
Edited by: Sideways?

·
Administrator
5,798 Posts
Sideways? said:
R32 GTR, how do they ride now you've been running them for a while?? What settings did you go with and what is the improvement in handling / feel??
AFAIK R32's gone for as low as possible - stance over handling. The wheels will also make it hard to determine the difference the suspension has made on it's own

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sideways? said:
Man these look gorgeous...

R32 GTR, how do they
ride now you've been running them for a while?? What settings did you go
with and what is the improvement in handling / feel??

MeisterR, what range of camber settings can you get with the top mount (wth looks gorgeous...)
I'd also like to know about the ride quality compared to stock.

I find that the issue isnt pot holes as they can be avoided, but the constant uneven rumbly surface of all the roads in the UK
In case i get slated for asking this, I do think that these days, with the right collies, one can have their cake and eat it

·
Administrator
5,798 Posts
Mctwist said:
I find that the issue isnt pot holes as they can be avoided, but the constant uneven rumbly surface of all the roads in the UK
The stock car is well dampened. Are you sure that's not caused by the tyres mate? Senna reckoned the ride quality/noise improved when he changed his.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
^^ and tyre pressures!

I note that some owners run their stock tyres at 40psi... perhaps that would mitigate road rumble but, possibly,to the detrimentof dampening..

.. might be worth a try, though...

Spec K

·
Registered
60 Posts
I find the stock suspension is great for handling and ride - no issues at all there so im probably answering my own question lol
Ive had suspension systems in the past which were intolerable, then seized which has caused high levels of uncertainty now considering collies again

·
Administrator
5,798 Posts
Mctwist said:
I find the stock suspension is great for handling and ride - no issues at all there so im probably answering my own question lol
Ive had suspension systems in the past which were intolerable, then seized which has caused high levels of uncertainty now considering collies again
There's always that problem, but I wouln't expect that from MeisterR's. Even if you were unlucky then the support from them is great. Have a look over at the new thread I started (Mods section) and discuss it over there rather than clutter this here

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Was out of the country and back now.

We tune the dampers to be compliant on the softer setting for the uneven UK road surfaces.
The suspension need to move in order for the car to generate grip, it is one thing that many "Race Coilovers" with stiff springs and harsh damping rate do not provide and many time end up performing worst than standard suspension.

On softer setting, the suspension should be compliant and predictable.
On harder setting, the suspension should take advantage of flat surfaces (such as the occasional track day) and reduce body roll and increase steering response.

Hope that helps, any other question please feel free to let me know.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.