GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Going to check out a 2014 auto gt86 110km/70k miles in ireland. After a bit of research my latest concern is replacing the coils and harness to that of the 2015+. This car will be used on a track and I'm not looking to deal with overheating misfiring coils lol.

I heard changing the ATF fluid is a pain so my thinking was having a dealer do the ATF fluid(with fluid I provide) along with plugs and the updated coils/harness.

So beyond that is there anything I should be looking/listening out for when I view the car ? Owner says the car is stock and the photos back that up.

Will be my first time viewing and driving one(outside of auto x many years ago haha). I have always been a MX5 guys so my knowledge on these cars is a bit limited.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I'd check if valve spring recall is done. Otherwise for track at very least change brake fluid to higher boiling temps one & track pads (which suck though for daily driving, so worth change between pads pre-post trackday), and also think of mods to increase camber (eg. camberbolts for both holes in front + pedders tophats, and adjustable rear LCA).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts