GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have over the last week driven my 86 from Essex to the Scottish Borders, to Edinburgh and Glasgow and then down the A83 to Campbeltown - 1300 miles in all with total mileage now 3000+. Parked in Campbeltown the car attracted a lot of attention - the first 86 to visit there perhaps?

One or two observations...the drive down the west coast of Scotland was simply fantastic. I know there are some gripes from owners about the lack of power from the engine, but really it's on the twisty bits where it comes alive.

On the motorway over the last couple of days, I noticed the car can be a little flighty in a strong cross winds; nothing dangerous, but you do need to be careful.

Otherwise, the gearbox is loosening up very nicely and the car just seems to get better to drive.

Despite some pretty rough roads, with repairs and gravel, etc. I seem to have avoided any damage so far.

With the back seat folded down, the car can accommodate a surprising amount of luggage; it's very easy to push bags through the opening and retrieve them the same way without fiddling with the seats.

Finally, in 3000+ miles I am still, as I have reported before, waiting to see another 86 on the road...

·
Registered
977 Posts
Great road trip, the highlands are ideal for these cars.

I haven't seen any others on the road yet, either. I'm starting to think this forum's a figment of my imagination!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I drove 80 miles to Good wood and did not pass 1 GT86 on the road either way but as stated on here every colour inc silver was in car parks at good wood on Saturday...a buyers dream i suspect to see it in every colour

·
Registered
397 Posts
Celica66 said:
I drove 80 miles to Good wood and did not pass 1 GT86 on the road either way but as stated on here every colour inc silver was in car parks at good wood on Saturday...a buyers dream i suspect to see it in every colour
I went for a long drive too to view what you guys were getting up to! Looked like a fun day for you all, and great weather to boot. 1st long drive for me, did the car good, gears now feel much better and pretty nice roads around there to drive on as well. I did pass another black GT86 quite close to the venue but realised far too late to acknowledge it or they me! First one I have seen on the road so far, I still have exclusivity in my area.
Was it anyone on here, was around 12.30-1.00 ish?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I drove into the City from Chelmsford yesterday to show my car off to a work colleague who was doing overtime (I think he lives in the same place as Celica99 in Kent, as he's reported seeing an orange one and a Silver one).
That's another 70 miles on the clock. Great for showing off, but not so hot for driving like a loon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.