GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Sounds like either the car or their rolling road is broken if it was 10% down on rated power?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure is

I can make quoted HP now.

·
Registered
377 Posts
This is all good news, liking those wheels aswell, might hold out to see if they bring out there own coilovers. Have they let slip anything about a turbo or superchager kit they might be working on lfa?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Supercharger

We drive our cars in the UK........

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are developing a syperchager buddy

Seriously though, they are building a supercharger motor.

Jap exige, here we come.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I really cant wait now to start tuning this car now, hopefully the sc kit will give out over 300 whp/tq with supporting modsEdited by: Whitey83

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It'll be fine , I'm in

I'll test it thoroughly inc 2 pre year-end trackdays at Silverstone

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Errrr am I missing something here, if the car is rated as 197bhp at the engine and their dyno is reading 178bhp at the wheels or hubs (what type is it?) that's not too shabby if you guesstimate drive train losses and dyno tolerance.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Martin F said:
Errrr am I missing something here, if the car is rated as 197bhp at the engine and their dyno is reading 178bhp at the wheels or hubs (what type is it?) that's not too shabby if you guesstimate drive train losses and dyno tolerance.
I posted my dyno results here

http://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/forum/lfas-tuning-thread_topic345.html

Same type of dyno and similar figures to the Litchfield car.

Wouldn't lose any sleep

10% power hike for less than the cost of OEM fancy seat covers; I think that is ok.

Edited by: ICantAffordAnLFA

·
Registered
74 Posts
Maybe I'm less than savvy with regards finance but I'd think the gains are more than fair for the outlay. I'm going to have to hold myself back from throwing money down for these mods (and any future developments). Be extremely interested to see how folks get on with the modifications in the real world and how they feel it improves the 86 experience.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.