GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents

Fairly new, due to collect car in a couple of weeks, but wanted to get some ideas before i start!

Would like to lower the car and was thinking about the Eibach Pro-Kit springs which lower it 25MM. Anyone fitted these? What is the ride hight like?

Also love the look of the STI front splitter. Is there anywhere in the uk to purchase and get these fitted?

Is there any company remapping these as yet? Im not talking about a generic remap, but something a little more personalised! ;)

What other mods are people doing on these?

Cheers!

·
Registered
619 Posts
i think IcantaffordanLFA has the STI splitter or the litchfield car runs it. You can get it through Newera.

Litchfield are also doing the re-maps with ECUtek

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excuse my ignorance, im used to driving a turbo car, but what difference can a remap make on a non turbo car? My old remaps would just change when the turbo would kick in. What will it do on a non turbo car?

Any ideas on cost for the STI splitter and if i have to purchase it in Japan and get it shipped here?

Do Litchfield have a website or any other info about the remap? Has anyone got one done?

·
Registered
619 Posts
yep just irons out any flat spots and eeks out power where manufacturers have limited it to comply with certain legislations

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Must get @ss in gear and go to Tewkesbury

Sti splitter on a boat somewhere
Sti springs delayed til November
Sti tower brace bar ready to go on
ICE still not fitted

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
385 plus shipping when I ordered.

Not expensive vs some of the trim people are spec'ing on 86s

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I remember fitting my splitter to the TT, was one of the cheaper mods i ever did!

Will also be painting the break calipers red using some japlack. Easy mod and makes such a huge difference to the look!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Worth a chat with Litchfields, as I know they are looking to establish a supply of STI bits

·
Administrator
5,798 Posts
ITGeekLondon said:
Excuse my ignorance, im used to driving a turbo car, but what difference can a remap make on a non turbo car? My old remaps would just change when the turbo would kick in. What will it do on a non turbo car?
Re-mapping is altering the fuel mapping table.... so in a turbo it won't just change the turbo boost control, the fuel being added will be altered for theincrease of air going in. That'sthe big power hike you see.It's exactly the same on an N/A car.... except you don't have the extra air from the turbo. It seems a re-map will eek some extra power throughout the rev-range as it's not done 100% as efficiently as it could be.

Doesn't look like Litchfield have done much work on the torque dip though.... that looks disappointing! The port injectors seem to be the problem but the guys in the states are now getting results from it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.