Been in the habit of going

Any other regulars here or folk that want to go

Might be a good year to support the Toyota effort

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drive down is the definitive petrolhead experience

And with Toyota capable of diposing of Audi........

I'll fish out some stuff but really....

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Celica66 said:
Never been
Need some details please and approx cost if possible?

About £500 if you're camping.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been many times and the last 2 years running.... so not made my mind up on next year

Think the Toyotas will win.

Uk gt86 owners club ought to get a pit tour as a minimum.......,

·
Registered
855 Posts
Like your thinking mate.. :) Might be up for going if we coudl get a camp together. :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I first went in 1994 for my 18th and it was awesome. I have been 3 times since in 1997, 1998 and 2009 and progressively it has become a far more professional experience (although it has lost some charm and quirks along the way). There is no comparison to a Grand Prix (save Monaco and Monza imo) as Le Mans is much better.

The drive, as LFA said, is one of the most enjoyable parts of the experience. This is what I followed on the way there in 2009. I was busting my balls just to keep it in sight!

The race is only part of the experience as the food, the atmosphere (150,000+ Brits), the ability to get close to the drivers and cars, Mad Friday, Night time qualifying, the sheer amount of supercars in the car park, the museum...

More recently I have always rented a small mobile chalet 4km from the circuit as the toilets/showers are not wonderful.

The only downside is the Sterling/Euro exchange.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anyone going; it's kind of booking time?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wasn't going to....... But now I think I will

I know as the year goes on , I'll want to be there.

Been with my dad many times, but think he struggles with the walking now

·
Registered
855 Posts
Id love to go, but as of now, have no money in the bag for it, so prolly will have to skip it... :( Might take an Alps trip sometime in the late summer tho, or Portugal... or .... :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.