GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been playing about with the settings on the radio today, when set to having the music come out of the rear speakers you can only hear abit from the back speakers, nothing from the ones just behind the seats.

·
Registered
469 Posts
ianf said:
And they sound truly horrible so, I've faded the sound all the way to the front.
They sound horrible on their own but as fill-ins for more of a surround effect they do *something*. With it all the way to the front speakers it sounded wrong to me so I've left it a touch toward the front, rather than central.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I know what you mean, but its almost like its been processed to throw out 90% of the frequencies... I'd like a listen to a jbl car some time. Shame you have to gut the car (and risk rattles and scratches) to fit it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
ianf said:
I know what you mean, but its almost like its been processed to throw out 90% of the frequencies... I'd like a listen to a jbl car some time. Shame you have to gut the car (and risk rattles and scratches) to fit it.
Agreed, the rears appear to have been filtered to remove everything under I'd guess 1 - 2kHz (Bass and lower mid range)... so sound 'tinny' on their own. Would love to hear the JBL sound system but at £1200 and considering it's ultimately a car stereo system, I'd rather spend that money elsewhere as the majority of music I listen to will be played on my home sound system in much less noisy surroundings.

The GT86's stereo is not the best I've heard (by a long way), but it's not the worst and will do for those times I'm doing a long enough journey and don't just want to listen to the engine...

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I have the rear speakers disabled as I highly doubt they've managed to get rear fill correct on this car going by the install and quality of HU. I find sound stage instantly gets pulled back as soon as you add anything from the rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.