GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gents...

Just want to have a quick comparison as I am not sure what I am experience is normal... Now when I drive over the cobble street and some uneven surface, I need to get a knocking feel on the steering. The best way to describe it as if there some slack in bushes.... However the car feel nice and tight but only sometime that feel appears... anyone had any experience with that?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Carbon Ninja said:
Ladies and Gents...

Just want to have a quick comparison as I am not sure what I am experience is normal... Now when I drive over the cobble street and some uneven surface, I need to get a knocking feel on the steering. The best way to describe it as if there some slack in bushes.... However the car feel nice and tight but only sometime that feel appears... anyone had any experience with that?

Yes, I have driven mine to Kelso on a couple of occasions now and round the cobbled streets there you do get a lot of knocks from the steering/front suspension. There did not appear to be anything loose and I've ignored since.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seems fairly common / normal i think. I drove mine up a mountain track at Rally GB the other week and thought the front end was literally going to fall to bits with all the rattling and knocking but as soon as i got back on asphalt it all went away and feels as secure and sharp as ever.

Jim

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have noticed it only seems to happen when there is some steering lock. I think it is heightened by the sheer amount of steering feel.

I have had similar with other "feelsome" steering racks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.