GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1321 - 1327 of 1327 Posts

·
Bringer of good vibes
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,321
Spotted a wild Kelser on the way back from the club track day today.

Car looked epic! and so clean!
Hiya that was you! :D I was day dreaming on the left lane but flashing your rear fog caught my attention!

It's been a while since I took mine out to stretch its legs properly and when I did you flew by - I gotta drive more!

Thanks for the kind words! I saw the TOM's lights but you seemed like you were 'in a hurry' so there was no opportunity for a Lewis/Valtteri-type parade :D

·
Bringer of good vibes
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,322
The latest modification/upgrade to the 86 were to the front fog lights.

I found the OEM setup neither cut through fog or were bright enough to assist with any form of driving. Here's a picture of the 'before' front fog light output:

The product is relatively decent quality, lens size and brackets were perfect for the GT86 however when I purchased them they were described as plug and play which was incorrect. They either have an H8 or H11 connector (couldn't remember which) but the GT86 front fog connector is different so to have this installed properly, I had to seek assistance and partners STS Tyre Pros were able to come to the rescue. We cut off the connector to fit crimp terminals.

·
Bringer of good vibes
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,323
Once fitted I went out to give it a shakedown and test and I can say they are good, VERY good. They're a huge upgrade over the OEM ones, the white is a lovely and crisp 6000k, while the alternating bulb switching makes for a touge amber light reminiscent of Takumi's AE86. If you're wondering what I mean, see below:

What was supposed to be a 15 minute job ended up being an hour or so, which meant I lost the window to wash the 86. Still, it didn't matter as doing the Christmas drive at Silverstone was still pretty awesome.

·
Bringer of good vibes
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,326
Lockdown has been quite challenging for so many of us, I haven't really been out or done too much because of this. Thankfully being a product tester and reviewer I've been sent so many things to the house to keep myself busy, a few of which were car related.

I tried out Jennychem's Cherry Bomb shampoo which was surprisingly impressive. It has the consistency of HyperWash and is really slick on the panels. Also the cherry scent is realistic!

Really impressive and really good value for money!

·
Bringer of good vibes
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,327
Amazon also sent me a bunch of microfibre towels to test (as if I didn't have enough towels!) but if I'm honest, none of them came close to my benchmark towel, the Mammoth Triple Twist Dual XL.

The Easy Eagle triple pack looked promising but didn't even come close to being a drying towel. These are much better for finishing sprays or glass cleaning.

The Topteck Signature Car Care XL drying towel fared better, but still lacked drying power. From their product listing, they omitted the weight of the towel which seemed really strange. Without a GSM I was unable to really gauge the effectiveness besides physically drying the car and seeing the results. It handles one panel before the need to be wringed out which in my eyes is only 'ok'.

1321 - 1327 of 1327 Posts