GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to avoid some knob in a 944 who did not give way - had parked car in his lane, result I had to squeeze up and kerbed my front p/s - its not pretty
, any recommendations of people who repair or any advicegratefullyreceived... so very annoying

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Try scuffed alloys.com or 'chips away' mate.

Avoid Toyota dealer, - they will just subcontract and add a big markup!
Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Try company called spit and polish ...based in Kent but collect and deliver all ov uk

I have used them for past 6 years and always excellent service

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
No way dude, proper gutted for you!

How easily will it be to referb polished alloys?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SteveP said:
These guys look like they do dimond cut etc. around your area - http://www.reinventingthewheel.co.uk/finishes.html

Checked these guys out and got a quote.

To just repair the rim its £75 + VAT - there will be a small line above each spoke where they grind the rim down to be smooth.

To completely redo the wheel they will repaint it and then do the whole diamond cut again for £115 +

VAT

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
SteveP said:
Wheels are £300 + vat Each
WTF?

Are you sure your real name isn't Mr Turpin (Richard) !?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
cleloid said:
Jeez - on another thread I'm sure they said £200 + VAT - think I will go for the diamond cut in that case..
I also thought somebody had posted that they were £240 +vat (which I thought was quite reasonable for an OEM price) but I couldn't find the thread.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
For the size they are, they are well overpriced.

Light though...
Edited by: Senna

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.