GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a phone call from local Subaru dealer last night that they've taken delivery of first customer car. Manual BRZ in WRC Blue. It was a bog standard manual car. I've been down and sat it in. Pics to follow.
It's only slightly different to the GT86. The front bumper (imo looks better, more aggressive) andthe badges are the only differences outside. Inside the cloth seats in the BRZ seem of better quality than the ones in the GT86 albeit a little plainer. The stereo isn't as good as the GT86 Touch system and the dash in front of the passenger (and around the stereo) is silver rather than black in the GT86. The BRZ, apart from the front bumper, just seems a bit more plain than the GT86. The good thing is my little one fitted in the back seat.

Edited by: en8wall

·
Registered
193 Posts
that car might be "cantaffordlfa" from the ft86 club as he said he is getting the first customer brz in the country. I don't like the bumper over the gt but I prefer the side inserts on the brz.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I saw a BRZ at an open day at my local Scooby dealer yesterday.
As others have said about the Toyobaru, the car looks even better 'in the metal' than in photos and , to my surprise, I liked the WRC blue.
I prefer the lack of faux carbon fibre in the dash, and the side vents on the BRZ, but am undecided about the front bumper. But, there again, I haven't seen a GT86 for real!
The leather seats fitted were very comfortable, and I was generally impressed by the overall solidity of the way it's all put together.
It's a shame the boot opening is so shallow but the load area with the seats folded is considerable.
Overall, I certainly wasn't disappointed with the real thing
Now, it's just a matter of a test drive

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought i'd post a pic of GT86 so people can compare front bumper with pic of BRZ above.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Woodford Motor Co have a black brz in.

Customer car or demo, I'll have to ask

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here's a pic of my test drive for Sunday

and one for Monday evening

At last I'll be able to do my own comparison and make my mind up which to go for!

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Love the BRZ blue, but I drove both on same day and preferred GT86...

Please let us know how you get on?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Join the exclusive club

Avoid the car garnishing ladyboys

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Another difference between the BRZ and the GT 86 are the day-time running lights. Toyota's are an eyebrow over the main lights while the Scooby's are where the fog lights are on the Toyota (bottom of the nose. Also, the front indicators are in different places. Next to the main headlights in the BRZ while lower down the nose in the GT.
Does the BRZ have front fog lights and if so where are they?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Side lights have the brow on

Running lights are the little rectangle

Front fogs ( driving lights ) are the little round items above the splitter

·
Registered
57 Posts
OK so I had a fun day on Sunday, picked the car up from Sheffield and a nice run out on the Snake Pass.
And then it started to rain, heavily. Heehee absolute blast

Don't normally like World Rally Blue but think it suits the BRZ very well.

Have I made up my mind? Can I wait until March 2013 for a BRZ or will I crumble under the pressure and order a GT86?

Haha - have to wait and see!!!

Just waiting for figures from both dealers, but I can't get a red GT86 for about 3/4 months? Or are they telling me little untruths? (We all know dealers don't tell porkies don't we?)

Judith

·
Registered
283 Posts
^^^^^^^^
Glad you enjoyed your drive _ sounds like you had a blast.

How's about any differences between the BRZ and 86 in terms of driving experience? I didn't detect any difference in noise levels or ride quality myself, but I didn't drive them back to back.
And which one would you say is the more sophisticated a la Senna ?!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
There are a handful of brz with dealer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts