Registered
2,577 Posts
I'd see this car as a logical addition to the Palmersport fleet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only saw the vid because I was looking for this:

s m on PH said:
GT86 seems to have wone some more plaudits at the Annual Autocar Handling Day. Rated 1st beating the Exige S and Cayman R in the top three.
Extensive article in today's issue
click.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
lordgrover said:
Mate of mine at work sent this in reply to the above link, worth a look!

[TUBE]UFA3DeUpT88[/TUBE]

Alec

·
Registered
137 Posts
lordgrover said:
Jonathan Palmer seems to have appreciated it:
Funniest part of that is JP being described as a 'succesful Formula 1 driver'. I know he's done a lot for the sport, and he never really had a decent car, but he hardly set the F1 world alight.

Nice write ups tho'

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Nig said:
lordgrover said:
Jonathan Palmer seems to have appreciated it:
Funniest part of that is JP being described as a 'succesful Formula 1 driver'. I know he's done a lot for the sport, and he never really had a decent car, but he hardly set the F1 world alight.

Nice write ups tho'
He didn't die, so he's successful.

·
Registered
116 Posts
He got a drive, so he's successful... it's quite an achievement believe it or not.

Thanks for posting the bits of press everyone. I'm gobsmacked that journalists like the GT86 - I've sometimes found it hard to take their opinions terribly seriously. In fact when I found out Clarkson liked it I was half tempted to cancel my order.

763 miles into ownership and I've got to say it's just the most pleasant little car I've ever had the pleasure of. Nothing not to like so far, and if the MIL light turns itself on and it starts to idle rough... I'll be honest, I could forgive the car pretty well anything. It's everything it was "hyped-up" to be and more. That the press have noticed how nice the car is, well that's just an unexpected bonus.

Liam

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Yet another great review.

I admit I do listen to the press, but I think you need to take your pick in terms of who you rate for reviews. I take Clarkson with a pinch of salt at times. I have though read EVO for many years and it's previous incarnations going right back to the likes of Fast Lane in 1984 with Peter Dron et al. Nowadays I still have a subscription but also read a lot online too.

Through erm twenty six years of reading road tests on performance cars I do tend to go for cars that are really highly rated. I bought a DC2 on that very information and I wasn't dissapointed. For my winter car this year (and whilst I save the GT86 deposit) I've bought a Clio RS 172, again because it's such a raved about car. It's been great fun so far and the handling is living up to it's reputation.

Of course this all bodes for the GT86.

·
Registered
655 Posts
It's kind of no more than a starting point & one has to make one's own conclusions.<div id="LCS_336D0C35_8A85_403a_B9D2_65C292C39087_communicationDiv">

For example, they've not been nearly harsh enough on the dead steering, poor visibility and lousy ergonomics (pedals in particular) found in most of their darling cars.

Also, most don't understand the technical felicitations with which they are sometimes faced.

Thus, many great cars are damned with no praise, whilst a lot of the press' darlings I find overrated. I really miss LJKS...

In the days when Car was independent, it was outspoken and upset many companies. But it has been sold out to Big Publisher & the Advertising Company.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.