GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yeah. Nice video. I did notice that the Scion has different air management controls and no fog-lights. So how come the US buy it for $25,000? That's just under £16,000 at today's exchange rate. Are we in Europe subsidising the US market?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Musketeer said:
Yeah. Nice video. I did notice that the Scion has different air management controls and no fog-lights. So how come the US buy it for $25,000? That's just under £16,000 at today's exchange rate. Are we in Europe subsidising the US market?

Not sure, its huge difference, also noticed a different head unit and no headlamp washers..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Musketeer said:
As far as I know they also don't get fog lights, HID headlamps, keyless start, dual zone air con or knee pads. The FR-S stereo is cheaper, and the interior isn't stitched as nicely. The interior cloth finish etc is poorer in the rear. They also have a larger market in terms of being LHD. Cars are also just generally cheaper in the USA.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
1.998 said:
Musketeer said:
As far as I know they also don't get fog lights, HID headlamps, keyless start, dual zone air con or knee pads. The FR-S stereo is cheaper, and the interior isn't stitched as nicely. The interior cloth finish etc is poorer in the rear. They also have a larger market in terms of being LHD. Cars are also just generally cheaper in the USA.

Good points 1.998.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
It's the same with most things in america, games, electronic goods, etc. If it's $200 for them, then it's £200 for us, no idea why like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.