GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it would be tight for many to have their cars by then, but has anyone thought of attending JAE this year?

I've been going for over ten years. I run an MR2 club (despite having an AE86!) and it's the biggest Jap car show of the year.

It's from Friday 7th to Sunday 9th September.

It's at Wicksteed Park near Northamptonshire, is basically from the M1/M6 end a half hour drive down the A14. Near Kettering.

It's a good laugh and a great social. Most people camp but there are hotels nearby.

If you guys are interested I reckon I could persuade my committee members that we can make some space on our stand (we have a big stand so no probs in terms of room) for you guys. Also you'll have the benefit of our marquee, food (normally hog roast) on Saturday night.

I'll also make sure you are well looked after. Reckon a lot of people would be very interested to see the cars. :)

If people are interested let me know.

Here are the details taken from my club forum which explains all:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=160025

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add, my AE86 will be amongst a sea of MR2s, so I think it would look good stood next to mine and will likely get lots of pics taken as a result!

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, my GT86 is being deliverred to me tomorrow and i would love to come along,would I be able to come for the Sunday only as I'm away until the Saturday night.
Also, what do I need to do to obtain a pass etc.
Mel.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mel you can buy a pass on the gate. I would say though, that people tend to drift off early Sunday, so ofthe three days, it's really a going home day. I don't know why this is, but since the show has been Friday, Saturday, Sunday, people seem to just go by Sunday afternoon.

I guess you'd be okay if you came early morning, but it's a pity you can't get there for Friday or Saturday.

Up to you. If you're still up for it, let me know I'll PM you my number.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Would be interested on the 8th and 9th. Sounds like a good plan.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Do our cars need to be clean?

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's up to you if you clean your car or not. The club I run doesn't worry about whether you've polished your car to within an inch of it's life, so no worries, there.

Saturday is the best day, with Saturday night being party time complete with fireworks. I'll do what I can to wangle you some hog roast too.

Here's where we are:

http://www.japcarclub.com/page.php?a=5&s=86&p=86

My club is IMOC-UK.

My name is Lauren, my mobile is 0787 963 0071.

It'll be a good social. Speedy will be there in his car, if we can get a few on there, you guys can have your own little display. Reckon there'll be a lot of interest in your cars. :)

Bring booze (no bottles unless spirits) a tent and some warm clothes.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
As a wine drinker your no bottle rule is quite disturbing! I'm definitely interested otherwise

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hiya, thanks for getting back so soon.
I suppose going on what your saying I'm not sure but will let you know over the next couple of days.
Been. Speaking to my husband and he remembers you as he was in the club when he had an MR2 (DMC Paul)!

Is there anything planned for Jap Finale in Santapod and is I too late to try and come along for one of the days?

Cheers
Mel

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TBucket said:
As a wine drinker your no bottle rule is quite disturbing! I'm definitely interested otherwise

Not my rules, these are from the event organisers, don't shoot the messenger!

I drink gin so just take a couple of bottles. No wine bottles unfortunately. Here's the policy:

After the success last year we have decided to retain the policy on not allowing glass on to the site. Glass when broken is a menace and at a site where there are lots of children using the facilities both at our show and at other weekends means we cannot afford to allow glass on to site. In addition tyres aren't cheap and glass is prone to eating them as well !

Whilst we accept this may be inconvenient for some people we hope you understand the reasons why we are doing this and accept it is for very good reason. To confirm, drinking glasses wont be allowed nor will beer bottles and wine bottles. However spirit bottles will be allowed but these must be disposed of aproporiately. In addition no spirit bottles may left laying around on any club stand.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter and please pass this on to your club members.
Edited by: Lauren

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
3 litre boxes of stowells it is then.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mel GT said:
Is there anything planned for Jap Finale in Santapod and is I too late to try and come along for one of the days?

Cheers
Mel

Small world eh, Mel! Please send Paul, my best regards.

Yep, it looks like my friend, Toni is organising Japshow Finale, see here,

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=164809

Edited by: Lauren

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mel GT said:
Brilliant I will post him. Passed your message on, it's good when people remember.
Cheers
Mel

Toni is female, Mel, clue is in the 'i'.

Lord Grover, Santapod is all about the drag racing. I suppose the clubstands are similar to Japfest.

G

·
Lauren said:
Lord Grover, Santapod is all about the drag racing. I suppose the clubstands are similar to Japfest.
Oops! My bad - missed any reference to the pod.

I just saw Jap Meet and jumped. Apols.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts