GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I took delivery of my GT86 last night from RMB Teesside. Love the car, dont love the dealer which is another story. Just taking it easy and enjoying her at the moment. Heres a pic showing the lovely orangey goodness :)

Edited by: jonnykool

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Hopefully the embedded image is working as it isnt on my screen ha ha. But seriously guys and girls, you will enjoy your cars, they are worth the wait :)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Nice dude...congrats!!! And I think there is a north/south divide conspiracy going on now :D

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The south is hitting back. one pedigree grey arriving on friday. grin grin grin. nice ginger. looks lovely

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Ooh lovely, more pics in the daylight required!

·
Registered
686 Posts
jonnykool said:
Hi all,

I took delivery of my GT86 last night from RMB Teesside. Love the car, dont love the dealer which is another story. Just taking it easy and enjoying her at the moment. Heres a pic showing the lovely orangey goodness :)

Hi Jonny. Love your car. Was that RMB's first 86? Mine is coming from RMB Northallerton. Are you able to say what the issue was with Teesside?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Habu. It was actually the 2nd to come from RMB as a car with standard seats arrived the day before. But im still happy to have received my car as part ofone of the first batches in the country :)

I dont like to air too much on a public forum and think people should make their judgements based on their own experience but besides from an ever shifting delivery date (not REALLY the dealers problem):

Insurance cover note was not valid (a big issue IMO)for the driveaway insurance.

Documents were just "shot in" the glove box and not presented in the folder

Service/warranty book not completed

Mudflaps not fitted as they hadnt arrived

Handbrake felt too high - was adjusted with no issues a few days later

I LOVE the car, it is so good to drive. But for me the point of sale was the opportunity for the dealer to get everything right and cement a relationship between the customer and the dealership. I just dont feel confident at the moment to take my car back for servicing etc given the hiccups. I just never felt like I was being treat as though I was spending circa £30k.

Good luck with your car though. I hope you get a positive overall experience. Maybe I was just unlucky.

·
Registered
686 Posts
jonnykool said:
Thanks Habu. It was actually the 2nd to come from RMB as a car with standard seats arrived the day before. But im still happy to have received my car as part ofone of the first batches in the country :)

I dont like to air too much on a public forum and think people should make their judgements based on their own experience but besides from an ever shifting delivery date (not REALLY the dealers problem):

Insurance cover note was not valid (a big issue IMO)for the driveaway insurance.

Documents were just "shot in" the glove box and not presented in the folder

Service/warranty book not completed

Mudflaps not fitted as they hadnt arrived

Handbrake felt too high - was adjusted with no issues a few days later

I LOVE the car, it is so good to drive. But for me the point of sale was the opportunity for the dealer to get everything right and cement a relationship between the customer and the dealership. I just dont feel confident at the moment to take my car back for servicing etc given the hiccups. I just never felt like I was being treat as though I was spending circa £30k.

Good luck with your car though. I hope you get a positive overall experience. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Appreciate your comments. My centre (RMB Northallerton) have gone quiet now they've got my refundable deposit. I have to keep chasing, well every 2 weeks, as for an update. They know I'm a complete petrol head and passionate about the GT so I would have hoped they would have been in touch. I'll pop along later today to see where the car is and get an ETA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts