GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, turns out that my car has actually arrived at the dealers!!!! YAY
But I won't be picking it up for another week and a bit!!!! Boooo

Need to wait till the 18th of Sept before I can pick it up, I'm already spending an extra £150 to bring my date forward by getting 2 weeks worth of temporary insurance (this way I get 3 free days from the dealers, 2 weeks from the temp insurance just so my current policy can expire and I can get a full years NCB for my next policy with a different company). But at least it's all there ready, the JBL system has been installed (supposedly it was their first JBL for a GT-86 and it took them 3 days to install
), the only thing that needs doing is cleaning and then hand over....9am pick-up ready for a full day of driving aimlessly around Warwickshire
Here's some pre pickup pics....apologies the poor lighting, it was tucked away in the corner on a sunny day but under shade.....and covered in MASSIVE flies....they're loving the wax and stuff I tell ya.

The dealer has already handed over 4 cars and there's a blue and black one ready to be handed over as well as mine.....anyone else from here waiting for a blue or black one from Lister Coventry?

Also, my dealer reckons that you can actually stick in a spare wheel with the JBL sub in the back hence why the sub is like an island on it's own....I asked the dealer if I could keep the block that sat in there that housed the foam and pump so I could mod it and use it as support as the carpet in the boot did bow inwards which wouldn't have been good for me when transporting heavy items. The dealer came back to me later on after talking to the guy who installed it and said that I couldn't have the block as they had already thrown it out but if I was to put in a spare it would support the carpet. The tech guy said that was why the JBL system was shaped like that and that his instructions mentioned fitting the spare wheel and JBL sub together.....anyone else heard this?

Edited by: Keethos

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Darn it....I said that this time round I would take the day off to pick the car up as last time I picked up my new car first thing in the morning which meant that I had to rush to work and sit in the office all day just starting at my new car......waiting to drive her home.

So this time I actually booked this Tuesday off to pick up the car first thing so I can have a whole days whizzing around. However, things started to go south last week as my dealer started to have trouble sorting the finance out for the car (after it had been accepted but since I removed the delivery pack and parking sensors, this meant that they had to get a new price and finance). I was so close to not being able to get the car.

Thankfully that has been sorted now so to make sure and to give them enough time, I thought I would push the pick-up date back a day from Tues 18th at 9am to Wed 19th at 9am, however, the dealer has turned around today and said that he's been booked into a training course that day so will have to push it forward to the Tues 18th late afternoon which is a mission now as I pushed my day off back to the Wed but now that I'm picking up Tues, I'm guna be sat in the office crawling up the walls waiting for the day to end.....
......wish me luck.....

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I have no idea about tinting, never done it before so never really thought out it.....though herit86's tints on his white 86 do look pretty good....hmmmm

I've asked the dealer to order a spare, but according to my dealer, he says that there's currently a back order so I'll have to wait a while.....but I'msceptical about the things my dealer is saying, so far he seems to be just saying things I want to hear but then can'tdeliver....so I expect this spare not to fit properly in either the wheel well and the JBL sub or possibly on the hub itself, I vaguely some guys here getting a Prius spare and finding out that it catches caliper or something.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
gt_sjo suggested that a Subaru 16" space saver might fit and you can get those cheap on e-bay, there seems to be more than one sort, some claim to fit over bigger front calipers on some Imprezzas, not sure what sort would fit the '86 but the studs are right size 5x100.

ebay

If anyone knows someone with an Impreza that has one maybe they could try it ?

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooooo thanks Alec.....Leicesternot that far from me so may check this one out....sadly I don't know of any Subaru owners around here.....what are the chances of a Subaru dealer stocking them you reckon?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
finally....I have tears of joy.....waited aaaalllllll day watching the time tick by until I could pick up my baby.....was allowed to leave work a lil early so rushed straight over, not even bothering with going for a pee before leaving, which meant I was bursting....but I didn't care....I wanted to pick up my baby. Sadly, when I got there, my dealer was still in the process of handing over another car so I had time for a quick wizz. Finally got round to signing all the docks, the dealer only briefly went over the controls as he knew that I probably knew more than he did so didn't bother going through everything. Sadly....the weather turned on me....it was soooo sunny and nice today, but as soon as I pick my car up, the clouds came over and shat on me.....started to pour it down.....which also meant that my back end slipped out a bit while going round small roundabout....some may say thats the fun part but not when you've never driven a RWD car before and you've literally just picked up a £26k car.....really really didn't want to bin it before getting home. Sadly the dealer didn't managed to get anything to cover up the rear arch holes, no info on where the camera goes or having a spare wheel for me.....but didn't really care at the time....I just wanted to gooooooooo. So here are some quick pics....more will follow tomorrow when I take her out for a proper spin and hopefully some proper day light:

You can actually see that the pictures get darker and that was literally within a minute, it turned dark and we quickly got the controls sorted and headed back in before it started to pour down. Can't wait to driver her some more and to get her to 1000 miles so I can start to see what she can really do. I'll post up my review of the dealer on the other thread and more pictures tomorrow! Let's hope we have some nice weather!!!

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Looks lovely in white, mate !

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Congrats and be careful exploring the RWD handling.

This is the time of year when there are lots of greasy roads around and cold tyres. In the Supra clubs we always used to see a lot of accidents at this time of year.

·
Registered
304 Posts
lol - how did you manage to get the back end out on the drive home (when we're probably all at our most cautious?!)

I DO like the white, so please don't take this negatively - but your pictures make me glad I've chosen red... the pearl seems so dependent on the light - it looks awesome when sunny, but more so grey and dirty when overcast.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers guys.....believe me....I'll be taking it easy in the cold and wet, but it's so easy to get up to 3500rpm, I'm still getting used to the throttle, especially when setting off, I've stalled it a couple of times cos I'm not giving it enough pedal....but it feels like the first couple of mm doesn't do much, so I'm having to give it a lot more gas so I don't labour it....I'm sure I'll eventually get used to it.

The pics were taken with my Samsung Galaxy Note, pretty good 8MP camera.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PumaUK7 said:
lol - how did you manage to get the back end out on the drive home (when we're probably all at our most cautious?!)

I DO like the white, so please don't take this negatively - but your pictures make me glad I've chosen red... the pearl seems so dependent on the light - it looks awesome when sunny, but more so grey and dirty when overcast.

Thats fine mate, more exclusive for me
but I know what you mean, the Japanese don't seem to use bright whites, they tend to use more milky whites, in dull light, the white on the 86 isn't as bad when in the flesh....especially compared to the white you find on the Honda Type R, that can look really dirty andmurkyin dull light.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
See also here

14 Orange
13 White
13 Black
11 Red
6 Grey
5 Blue (7 if you count scoobies)
2 "Rocking horse poo" Silver

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
469 Posts
keelerad said:
14 Orange
13 White
13 Black
11 Red
6 Grey
5 Blue (7 if you count scoobies)
2 Silver
A little surprised that Red has dropped to 4th place, was discussing popular colour choices with the dealer a week or two back and they expected Red and Orange to be the most popular (mostly due to those being the colours the car is advertised in).

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Alec forgot about that

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.