GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By request here is a listing of interior options for the GT86/GT86TRD including the trim codes when ordering, hope this helps people.

Standard Black cloth seats with Red tips - black interior inserts AM20

Standard Black Cloth with Red Tips - Red Interior Inserts - AM30

Leather/Alcantara option - Black Inserts £1600.00 - AM20 Leather

Leather/Alcantara option - Red Inserts £1600.00 - AM30 Leather

Custom Leather - Black Inserts £1600.00 - AM20 Custom Leather

Custom Leather - Red Inserts £1600.00 - AM30 Custom Leather

Have no pictures of Custom Leather with the Red Inserts but you get what it will look like!

Hope this helps people.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Annoying the Custom Leather wasn't an option when I ordered! :(

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Thanks Paul. Sticky'd for you.
So the AM20/30 is universal between the different materials? Sound like 20 means black, and 30 means red!

Also, is it only possible to get the "Leather/Alcantara option - Red Inserts £1600.00 - AM30 Leather" red inserts with the red knob/etc? Or can you get the AM20 leather/alcantara but with a black steering wheel?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stu said:
Thanks Paul. Sticky'd for you.

So the AM20/30 is universal between the different materials? Sound like 20 means black, and 30 means red!

Also, is it only possible to get the "Leather/Alcantara option - Red Inserts £1600.00 - AM30 Leather" red inserts with the red knob/etc? Or can you get the AM20 leather/alcantara but with a black steering wheel?

Yes basically the AM20/30 denotes the Black/Red inserts - then you choose the seating option. As for your question - I think you know the answer

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike_89 said:
If we wanted to upgrade from our cloth seats could we buy these at a later date and have them retro fitted?

As far as I am aware you may be able to upgrade to the Custom Leather in the future but expect the cost to be a little more, but this is not something I have come across yet - willl look into it when I get the first enquiry to do so.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I'm assuming the red inserts can be acquired separately, and not just as a set? so just the red handbrake without the red steering wheel and handles etc..

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
GT86Jay said:
Annoying the Custom Leather wasn't an option when I ordered! :(

I tried the custom leather and it is nice. It is also not as slippery as I thought it might be. Still prefer alcantara/leather though, overall.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
faith said:
I'm assuming the red inserts can be acquired separately, and not just as a set? so just the red handbrake without the red steering wheel and handles etc..

The only way to spec the interiors are as above, you cannot pick and choose which bits - these are the only combinations available, unless you go to your local dealer and buy the parts separately and swap them yourself once you own the car.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Haven't seen that combo but IMO it would be like Bentley (seats) meeting Halfords (red inserts).

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is very handy to know whatthat the black leather/alcantarawill look like since the dealer didn't have one and I don't have my car yet! Haha.
One question I do have though is whether the heated seats come standard with the leather/alcantara or just the custom leather? I only ask because after I'd made my choice the salesman tried to get me to buy the heated seats separately but I was pretty sure they come as standard when you pay for the more expensive seat option?
Dan

·
Administrator
5,760 Posts
DanABZ said:
This is very handy to know what that the black leather/alcantara will look like since the dealer didn't have one and I don't have my car yet! Haha.
One question I do have though is whether the heated seats come standard with the leather/alcantara or just the custom leather? I only ask because after I'd made my choice the salesman tried to get me to buy the heated seats separately but I was pretty sure they come as standard when you pay for the more expensive seat option? 
Dan
Anything but the cloth seats come heated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
when mine arrives in September i'll put a picture up of the custom leather with red inserts. didn't really want the red inserts but it was that or wait til November for black inserts, screw that. i'll try and find somebody that wants to swap their black for my red, or failing that just buy the relevant black parts.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeh the red inserts look tacky as hell, halfords ripspeed comes to mind! I don't mind a bit of colour in an interior like red seats but do me a favour!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered the custom leather and DID NOT want the red inserts one bit but found they were on the car when I collected (the car was already built but they never mentioned it). They do look pretty horrendous. Am trying to get it changed now but the dealer tried to claim it was standard with the seats - I think not :(

·
Registered
241 Posts
A useful thread - thanks all. Can anyone explain the interior (here) that I've seen on a '14 plate that I took a look at? It's leather but plain, no stitching - was that an option? Also, very minimal, but still some red. The owner mentioned the car started life at the dealership inside the showroom.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just to update this, I've verified from the previous owner (and now "My Toyota" online) that the car started with the red interior on the gear knob, handbrake and steering wheel as well. As it was a car in the showroom part of the condition of the sale, as the original owner thought all the red was a bit much, was to swap the steering wheel, gear knob and handbrake to the black options (but left the door handles). I still haven't seen any others with the plain looking leather seats - maybe just not that common(?)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts