GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of interest, has anyone managed to get an insurance quote yet and if so, from whom?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I'm in the process of setting up a club deal with Sky Insurance -
http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/- one of the main reasons they are good for the GT is because they support mod's that ordinary insurance companies might refuse.

Feel free to give them a call now and mention the site as it might already be set up.

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,867 Posts
I called Sky Insurance. They would'nt quote me because im 27 and have no experience with a rear wheel drive car... They said go with one of the standard insurers for a year then give them a call and they should be able to beat them....

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's interesting to hear that they go into that much detail at Sky, sounds promising if I give them a ring seeing as I've owned 2 rear wheel drive cars so far, both of which are more powerful than the GT86. Though only being 22 will probably shoot me in the foot...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I guess that can work for and against you depending on what they're after. I still wish I could find an insurer who'll give me 3rd party cover on other people's cars without being 25, it'd be such a useful thing to have, especially for test driving used cars...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried Sky Insurance recently and had an 'interesting' experience. I initially rang on saturday morning 2nd of this month and asked for a quote on the GT86. The gentleman who answered, took my details and explained that the car was not on the system as yet and as it was bank holiday weekend he would call me back the following wednesday. Not having received a call by friday I decided to see who I was dealing with and did an online quote for my current car (Impreza WRX), the quote came in £500 more than I'm paying so I thought nothing of it. Within half an hour I had a call from Sky and theyoung lady asked me about the online quote. I explained that it was too high and went on to enquire about the GT again. She said she did'nt know about the car and anyway because I lived in M41 postal district the claims ratio was too high and they would not be able to quote!!!!

All a bit strange after already giving me a quote on my Impreza, I never thought of North Chesire as a particular risk and have never heard a similar statement before, I must have upset her somehow!

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,867 Posts
Admiral should have it on their system now. I called last week and she said they had the details but it was waiting to go on the system.

I got a quote of just under £700 for an 09 Honda S2000. I put the value in as £27,345.

Thats with 3years no claims and my wife as a named driver.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just tried to get a quote from Admiral but the GT86 details are not on the website yet.

I got a quote for a 2010 Mazda RX-8 231 valued at £27k instead though. It come out at just under £500 for me. 28, 5 years NCB, with the other half as a named driver.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
GT86 insurance group is announced on 20 June 2012.
I had a quote for a Audi TTS (275bhp) recently that was £550 so I'm hoping GT86 will be similar or less.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have my BMW E36 326i insured with Sky Insurance and they are nothing but great. I deal with Luke there maybe ask for him. He'll be getting a call from me tomorrow to see what he can do.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Sky Insurance quoted me happy :)

I have 11 points on my license so its not easy for me to get insurance. Thankfully they beat my cheapest quote with half the excess.

·
Registered
619 Posts
admiral, its now on their system. They couldnt quote me though due to my points.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Just went online at Admiral, got Quote on GT86 (Not sure if man or auto) Fully comp and Protected NCB = £489. I'm married, 42, full NCB and no points..

1 - 20 of 127 Posts