GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Im a potential GT86 buyer, but am in the 'wait and watch' bracket at the moment.
I'm particularly interested to see how the car's ride is assessed by reviewers when it is driven on normal British roads (as opposed to the test track where all the reviews that I've read so far have taken place).
I wouldn't expect limo-like comfort of course , but, for myself, I would be looking for a reasonably comfortable everyday car as opposed to a Trackday Special machine.If the ride were similar to that of the AE86 of old, I'd be very happy with that, but we'll have to wait and see.
Everything else about the car looks very tempting, but I changed my car only 6 months ago, so I'll be leaving another change until about this time next year.I suspect that there's going to be a waiting list building up, so timing an order might be difficult.
Roll on June when we can have a test drive

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Hi,I still like a good look around and test drive even though I have my heart set on a car, just to reassure myself. I can't sign up or pay money without seeing something in the flesh.

I don't want a track day car so it has to be usable, I'm thinking it might be like the celica or something like that, low and a little harder than a normal car but still perfectlyusableday to day.

What car are you currently driving?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Dan,

Yes, I agree about not forking out until you've had a good look at and
trial of a potential car purchase.
I had an '87 Celica for 4 years in the late nineties, and was very fond of that, but rust finally got the better of it.The ride of that was very acceptable (and probably softer than I would expect the GT86 to be).
I currently have an Abarth500 (on Koni shocks) which is good fun but not without flaws. It's very suitable for my usage , but I could possibly be seduced by the GT86 if it's as good as the reviewers are saying, and it turns out to have an acceptable ride on country roads.
We'll see.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

Having driven 500's hard I know the travel of the suspesion is no great. I would expect the standard set up of an 86 to be a little more compliant on a bumpy country road, although I am still waiting to drive one like most of us

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pablo said:
Welcome to the forum :)

Having driven 500's hard I know the travel of the suspesion is no great.  I would expect the standard set up of an 86 to be a little more compliant on a bumpy country road, although I am still waiting to drive one like most of us
Yep, the 500 certainly bumps about, but the Konis make things much better; I would expect the 86 to be better still because of the longer wheelbase but, like all of us, we'll have to wait and see.I've read somewhere that the BRZ will have a firmer ride than the 86, so, if that's the case, I'd favour the 86 myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts