GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning guys

After parking up at work i noticed my idle RPM was quite low, around 650rpm! I had driven for about 45 mins so the engine would be nice and warm. The engine note sounded a bit off as well, like a tick tick tick, i cant say ive noticed it before.

Rich

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
rich172 said:
The engine note sounded a bit off as well, like a tick tick tick, i cant say ive noticed it before.
the tick tick is the direct injectors. This engine is rather gruff sounding, not smooth at all... adds to the sports car feel in my opinion...

Edited by: GT86Owner

G

·
Not likely.The only thing I've noticed is anoccasionaljerk or rock when idling. It may be a momentary dip but it's not something that concerns me overly. If it worsens i.e. gets more frequent and/or stalls then I'll report it.

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
lordgrover said:
Not likely.The only thing I've noticed is anoccasionaljerk or rock when idling. It may be a momentary dip but it's not something that concerns me overly. If it worsens i.e. gets more frequent and/or stalls then I'll report it.
I've had it dip to about 500RPM once (that I have seen) when the AC compressor turns on... it seems all GT86 cars do this.... I cant see how toyobaru would miss this if it was a problem....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only thing ive noticed is when you start the engine from cold it sits at around 1200, as it warms up it drops, but i thinkthat'sthe same with any engine

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
rich172 said:
Only thing ive noticed is when you start the engine from cold it sits at around 1200, as it warms up it drops, but i thinkthat'sthe same with any engine
This is definilty normal for all cars not just the GT86.... Mine sits at 1.5k when its cold I think.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've been keeping the headlights on the auto setting and on a couple of occasions there has been a little hesitation in starting with the lights on...anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
millview22 said:
I've been keeping the headlights on the auto setting and on a couple of occasions there has been a little hesitation in starting with the lights on...anyone else noticed this?
I leave my headlights ON constantly, and never seen or heard a problem starting. Even on a cold morning.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Leave mine on auto all the time, never noticed any hesitation starting

Do you do enough miles to keep the battery fully charged, or do you spend all your time cleaning it

Alec

·
Registered
855 Posts
Had a few times now, where at idle at red light, it feels like the car stutters, but the RPM's are stable as rock. bit weird tho

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.