GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Commuted to work for the first time in mine today. Have been avoiding idling in traffic. Colleague said, "have you seen that car in the on call call spot?" Me innocently - "which one". Colleague - "it was orange and low". " Oh, that's mine ". Colleague (likes to think he is petrol head) - 'what is it?'. Me,' toyota gt86'. Him, 'oh i've not heard of that'. He got a bit interesting when I started answering his questions on specs!

Yes, the car does something funny to me to...

·
Registered
202 Posts
The way the back gently comes around in a turn, its like a ballet or something. I've never had a rwd car that was so forgiving, my s2000 was like a sexy women with a whip covered in glass spikes. FWD is dead to me, I wasted my time with so many renault sports.

Edited by: GT86

·
Registered
571 Posts
Tonight was the first night I put my car to the test. Empty roads and roundabouts and bends. Felt safer with wider wheels and grippier tyres. All I can say is WOW. This car is just awesome. I have never felt so much speed in turns. Straight line brute force speed in plenty other cars, but not in a light and nimble car on a twist and turn. The grip the precision and the throttle response made me feel like a surgeon. I thought I loved this car, but now I am in love with this car. It really is something very special.

·
Registered
787 Posts
a18ttc said:
Tonight was the first night I put my car to the test. Empty roads and roundabouts and bends. Felt safer with wider wheels and grippier tyres. All I can say is WOW. This car is just awesome. I have never felt so much speed in turns. Straight line brute force speed in plenty other cars, but not in a light and nimble car on a twist and turn. The grip the precision and the throttle response made me feel like a surgeon. I thought I loved this car, but now I am in love with this car. It really is something very special.
Aha! Your relationship is blossoming too!

My wife refers to ours most times now as "the mistress", never mind "BimBam"!
Especially when I say, "I'm just going down to the garage to check something dear..." (if I'm honest, I'm still at the drooling stage...
)

·
Registered
566 Posts
It's not going to wear off in a hurry. Over 1000 mies and I'm still "just nipping out to the car for a minute"....

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I'm 2 months into my relationship and I still find hidden depths. Getting braver and wiser and it just makes the car better and better. I actually find myself feeling smug when I see an A5 or a TT. Or even an Aston (last one was a lie). Goddam brilliant car

·
Registered
116 Posts
Never thought I'd get besotted with a car again - especially not a road car. I've had my one for 8 days,8 hours and 25 minutes now.

Everything about the driving experience is sublime. It's not particularly quick. It's set up so you HAVE to figure out how to pedal it to make progress, so it's immediately engaging, even on an A-road commute into work. Yesterday I discovered the light that comes on when the driver aids have decided you're trying too hard and rein it all in for you.

A total delight of a car. I've not had a front drive car for about 17 years because I can't really get on with them, and just so chuffed someone has had the decency to make something small and fun with the drive at the correct end.

Brilliant is the right word - who'd have thought there would be cars you could fall in love with in 2012? Not me.

Liam

·
Registered
469 Posts
One thing that has really impressed me about the GT86 and hasn't been mentioned too much is the lights, very good visibility at night and after some of the poor lights (e.g. MR2) it's nice to finally see where I'm going at night.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I was going to create aseparatethread, but I think this one fits nicely..

So I got to the 1k miles mark over the weekend. I've been slowly ramping up the load and engine speed to this point over the past couple of hundred miles. I am pleasantly surprised how fast it feels and sounds up above 6000 rpm. It's really deceptive - not like a lot of cars, where you're going faster than it feels, but in the way that it feels like you're going faster than you really are.

This is not a car to race against other cars (in a straight line). This is a car to drive and to get the feeling that you get when racing other cars, but without the risks. It's great fun and should protect a few people's driving licenses!

Edited by: gt_sjo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.