GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To set the passenger door to unlock at the same time as you unlocking the driver side door do the following:

Use the drivers door handle to open the door
Leave the door open and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the fob for 5 seconds
You'll hear a couple of beeps
Voila - your drives handle now opens both doors.
This can be repeated to reverse if wanted!

Thanks to Kodename47 and Keerland for the answer to this one

·
Registered
566 Posts
This HOWTO thing is a good idea. I recon we should definately have a FAQ section for these. I did the same on a club forum back in my TR7 days....

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
malcolmgt86 said:
This HOWTO thing is a good idea. I recon we should definately have a FAQ section for these. I did the same on a club forum back in my TR7 days....
i sort of think it's pretty lame to have a bunch of double threads for something that can easily be found via searching. especially when the solution IS in the original thread.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Computers, websites and forums in generally are all about usability, and having a HOWTO section just makes life easier for newer members and people who aren't members just searching for info.

Really doesn't harm anyone and hopefully avoids people asking the same question twice. Search functions on all forums are never used by newbies and they always end up asking questions which have already been answered! I'm guilty of this my self, and having a sticky thread area will hopefully help avoid this!

That's just my two cents!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Is there anyway you can do it so that thepassengerdoorcanunlock both doors? Some times thepassengerwill get to the car first? Even though im near the car and the fob is on me....Or what if I want to get in thepassengerside. Does it have to be the drivers handle which unlocks?

Thanks

·
Registered
787 Posts
Just a point that seems to be overlooked in these discussions: there appears to be an "interlock" of sorts, based on the actions of the pressure sensors in the seats also. For example, if you have the entry system based on the default (driver's door unlock only initially), then there are two conditions that can happen.

Assuming that the entering passenger has his/her spare fob on their person, if the driver approaches his/her door and grabs the handle, it alone unlocks and as long as he then simply stands there without getting in and sitting down, as the passenger approaches and grabs their handle, it will also unlock.

However if, at the point of single driver's having being unlocked, they then proceed to sit down on the seat before the passenger has managed to grab the handle, the action of sitting down immediately locks out the other door's keyless entry even if the passenger has a fob, and to let the passenger in, use has to be made of the manual unlock switch button on the driver's door to unlock the passenger door. This makes sense in relation to anti carhigh-jackingif you think about it.

I've also noticed another behaviour when I'm out on my own though. For example, If I go into a shop having locked the car in the normal way, when I then come back to the car but instead of going to the driver's door first I go to the passenger's (to dump a bag on the seat say...) and unlock that first, when I get back round to the driver's door, I find that it has already unlocked which would imply that opening the passenger door first automatically opens the driver's door anyway! That's how it behaves on mine anyway... I'd be interested to hear about others...

·
Registered
137 Posts
CPN said:
I've also noticed another behaviour when I'm out on my own though. For example, If I go into a shop having locked the car in the normal way, when I then come back to the car but instead of going to the driver's door first I go to the passenger's (to dump a bag on the seat say...) and unlock that first, when I get back round to the driver's door, I find that it has already unlocked which would imply that opening the passenger door first automatically opens the driver's door anyway! That's how it behaves on mine anyway... I'd be interested to hear about others...
Yep, discovered this by accident the other day.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
CPN said:
so that again raises the question what happens if you unlock the passenger door first, passenger sits down and closes the door before you get to the driver's door. would that then have locked? common sense tells me no, but what actually happens?

·
Registered
787 Posts
ob1kxb said:
so that again raises the question what happens if you unlock the passenger door first, passenger sits down and closes the door before you get to the driver's door. would that then have locked? common sense tells me no, but what actually happens?
Good point and I haven't tried that but I will... watch this space...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
CPN said:
ob1kxb said:
Good point and I haven't tried that but I will... watch this space...

No. My experience is that I can let my passenger/luggage in via the passenger door, close it. Go to drivers door and it is fine. So long as I have my 'black blob' in my pocket - when the wife hasthe 'black blob', and is taking the empty trolley back 100 yards awayit kicks off...

(but that's another story.. I do love the 'tracker' system.. but it can be a pain..)

SpecK

·
Registered
701 Posts
Kodename47 said:
You ok Ian??

Arekkz said:
Thanks for this! Been meaning to do this for ages, but couldn't be bothered to go to my boot to get the manual out
Well it's a good thing you didn't as it's not in the manual.....

Yes thanks

All I ment was if you post a how to it shouldn't be followed by comments from forum members, makes it look messy to me
oh & loose the how to in front of every post....

·
Registered
554 Posts
GT86-Ian said:
All I ment was if you post a how to it shouldn't be followed by comments from forum members, makes it look messy to me
oh & loose the how to in front of every post....
I'd agree, loose the comments if somebody want's to say thanks just click the button, the only reason for a comment would be if somebody spotted an error or suggest an easier way to do a part of the how to but on the whole should be locked. Would also be useful to have sub-section within for engine, body, ect, it will make it easier as more are added. I should have put this in forum suggestion but I was replying/agreeing with Ian

·
Registered
1 Posts
This was a great little tip. Not sure if I should be asking this here but it is a sort of follow on. Is there a similar type of tweak so that unlocking via the key fob unlocks both doors. Currently, my fob only opens the driver door. However, it could be said that leaving the fob as is and applying the described tweak, allows for the both options; driver door only or passenger and driver. Thinking about it, it's probably sensible to have both options available but it would be nice to know.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.