GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Renaultsport Clio 172 and think that the GT86 may be the next best thing, i doubt it will be as raw but I do expect it to be as fun and about the same sort of speed in a straight line.

Has anyone driven both cars? I have a test drive next week so will find out then but I just wondering if anyone else has driven both and what do you think?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had a RS Clio 182 and then until recently a RS250. The Clio 182 while nippy was a little basic and always reminded me of a bog standard Clio that was a bit faster. The RS250 is a different beast altogether and probably one of the GT86's main rivals (although now the RS265). After all the world does't revolve around 0-60mph at a set of traffic lights!

The RS250 really unlike the RS Clio can be easily driven when pushed eg driven faster out of a corner than entered, etc. The GT86 should fall more into that category.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I own a clio 200 cup and have driven a GT86.

Performance is very similar. The GT86 felt slightly slower but the engine only had 75 miles on it so might loosen up a little!

The clio is immense fun to drive and the short drive I had of the GT hinted that it is also very fun to drive. The driving position is excellent, nice and low but still with good visibility. The interior of the GT is significantly better than my cup interior!

It will feel more refined that your 172 and feel like a proper sports car. I really enjoyed the drive and will likely replace my clio with one once my current PCP is done. I'll hopefully get a longer test drive before I decide though as I really do love the clio!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts