GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have had a few people ask me how to add photos from an iPad/iPod, as when they try the upload photo button it doesn't let them select their photos.

Here's one potential method to try, it's not the only way, but I have tested it and it works.

1. Sign up for Photobucket, it's free and seems to let you upload a lot
  2. Download Photobucket app to iDevice, again its free, search photobucket in AppStore
  3. Take photos, click!
  4. Open Photobucket app it will see new photos and ask if you want to upload, say yes

5. Navigate to photo in Photobucket App, My Albums->Newest Uploads, select photo

6. select i in bottom right corner to get links page

7. select IMG link at bottom, it will be copied into copy/paste buffer

8. Go to GT86 forum in Safari (web browser) and create/edit a post
  9. Paste in link, job done!

I have just done this from my iPod to add the picture below to this post, so the basic strategy is upload to Photobucket, get the link from there, paste into a post.

Note when you paste the link in it should look like

[IMG}http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii545/keelerad/D5F1966A-B9EF-4D8D-B200-55B666F340CA-1914-00000102CE1B3471.jpg[/IMG]

but with square brackets both sides of the starting IMG, put a brace in so the text shows rather than the image

This might work on other phones and tablets but I don't have those to try it on

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

here's somone else's picture I just copied from photo bucket, it doesn't have to be yours.
Just find the picture, touch the i icon in the bottom right of the screen, select the IMG link then back to post and paste

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
i've always preferred the bucket of photos to the shack of images. the shack doesn't want to share it's images in half the cases, the bucket will lend out it's photos to whoever requests it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Talking of photo uploads, does anyone know why images uploaded to the Forum seem to get squashed down to a smaller size in some cases..?

I had a 400KB image.jpg yesterday that kept getting converted down to less than 100KB and yet another that was 131KB uploaded as is.

Perhaps BucketPhoto is the way to go.

·
Registered
977 Posts
What's going on with Technology?!? Shouldn't it be easier and be just cut n' paste.. Everything's taking a step backwards!!

Sent from my hideously complicated iPad

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is just cut and paste, just getting to where to cut from seems to be the issue. No doubt if we were hosted on "iForum" it would be a lot easier on an iDevice

Alec

·
Registered
469 Posts
ShinyBRZ said:
Angel C said:
ShinyBRZ said:
Give me Mainframe green screens every time!!!
Hey, that's current tech where I work, we still use a mainframe system.
It's the future...
It's the past... Our company seems to be stuck in a 1970s time warp.
Where's a Delorean when you need one.

·
Registered
566 Posts
COBOL? Heh. That dates you! I was a COBOL programmer for a few years. Not sure if I will ever be able to afford to retire though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.