GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen the topic re: supaguard and can say that I have had a Type R for two years now with a version of it on and it has helped immensley with keeping the shine especially when I am a lazy car owner who will not spend hours on a well earned weekend washing it! Prefer to be out driving it!

However saying that I have found my brake discs; calipers and alloys have suffered with going through local £5.00 a time hand car washes.

Seeing as I want to not make the same mistake again with the GT 86 what do you recommend a lazy car owner does besides wash the car themselves!?

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
www.detailingworld.co.uk would be a good place to find someone

To be honest if you spend some time on the car initially and use a decent sealant, maintenance washes every couple of weeks should only take 20 mins or so.

·
Registered
626 Posts
With a proper detail first, with a good wax and sealant keeping it looks first rate between maybe 6-montly top-up details will only be a matter of 2 buckets, a wash mit and a microfibre drying cloth - and about 20 minutes every week or two depending on the prevailing weather etc :)

The only thing is once you have a properly shiny car... it's very hard to leave it alone and let it be dirty.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
splerb said:
Seems to me that all the girls here have gone for black gt86's! wicked

You Dirty girl !

(Trouble is, Black always looks dirty!) You will have a lot of washing to do !

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
brooke09 said:
I will be putting a lot of effort in............finding a cleaning option that doesn't involve me washing it!
Either you are a member of the Jedi order, or some poor bloke will get to do it...?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.