GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been on "How many left" website to look at currently registered GT86 & BRZ.
GT86 M/T - 116
GT86 A/T - 45
Total 161

BRZ - 15

We are all driving rare cars at the moment and those with a BRZ could say they're driving a prototype!

The BRZ website is quiet funny, it says "You blinked. YOU COULDN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT - THE SUBARU BRZ SOLD OUT IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE. BUT DON'T WORRY, MORE ARE ON THE WAY..." So, initial order was for 15??

Have a look.... http://subaru.co.uk/vehicles/brz/

Edited by: en8wall

·
Registered
29 Posts
There's a link on the Toyota site that says they've sold about 1000 in the UK so far. The 15 BRZs were ones registered before August so not many, be interesting to see how many since. The Subaru sales bloke suggested about 100 this year to me. Probably something to do with having only 100 of those head units left on a shelf since 2002.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beardo said:
There's a link on the Toyota site that says they've sold about 1000 in the UK so far. The 15 BRZs were ones registered before August so not many, be interesting to see how many since. The Subaru sales bloke suggested about 100 this year to me. Probably something to do with having only 100 of those head units left on a shelf since 2002.
Love the head unit line!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Think my cloth car with gramophone is unique, at least until someone else gets one!

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
BRZ is indeed a prototype... That was my view view when I drove it... Judging by the excessive noise and dashboard, it didn't look finished to me!

Glad I bought the fully developed article !
Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hmm, so why the disparity between Toyota 1000 and the sites 161??? How many registered GT86 owners do we have on this site? I should imagine we have quite a % of the UKs owners represented here!

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
en8wall said:
We are all driving rare cars at the moment and those with a BRZ could say they're driving a prototype!

Not quite, my car is one of 8 left. We seem to have lost three since last year!

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=toyota+sprinter+trueno

What is ironic is that I've actually seen a BRZ on the road, but apart from my friend's GT86, I've not seen another yet!

Edited by: Lauren

·
Registered
655 Posts
en8wall said:
When I enquired about ordering a red auto BRZ in June this yeari was given an ETA of Jan 2013!!!
<div id="LCS_336D0C35_8A85_403a_B9D2_65C292C39087_communicationDiv">

Subaru Mailshat me to the same effect recently!

I sha t back, pointing out their epic fail.

They didn't reply...

·
Registered
977 Posts
Senna said:
BRZ is indeed a prototype... That was my view view when I drove it... Judging by the excessive noise and dashboard, it didn't look finished to me!

Glad I bought the fully developed article !
And there I was, thinking the GT86 was just a modified version of the original... Bodykit and modified suspension...

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
pt86 said:
Hmm, so why the disparity between Toyota 1000 and the sites 161??? How many registered GT86 owners do we have on this site? I should imagine we have quite a % of the UKs owners represented here!
I was thinking about this, I asked in my dealership how many that had sold and was told 10. So as I'm the only one on here with a car from RRG Macc, my highly scientific estimate is that about 10% of owners are represented.

Now on my map I have 123 delivered GT86's registered (and 3 BRZ's), 6 of those are overseas, so 117 times 10 (as we have 10% on the site) gives an estimate of about 1170 delivered '86s out there

Alec

·
Registered
204 Posts
Like the maths Alec - very scientific!

Data on the Howmmanyleft site is updated quarterly - worth keeping an eye on. I have the feeling Toyota are pushing the boundaries of honesty with 1,000 cars. Half of me thinks it is a shame so many people are not getting this car (even if it is 1,000; it puts it on par annually with all units sold by Aston Martin for example). Other half of me enjoys the exclusivity.

I'd rather it was regarded in the annals of time to be a modern classic that was the restart of the light modern car era, aka the new MX-5 superlight coming out. I worry if it will appear on the last page of Autocar some time in the future as a car that 'Made or Shamed' or something like that. I can imagine the write-up 'one of the finest cars Toyota ever made with over 90% new components (unlike the common practice now or component sharing' the GT86 was the gem that so few people discovered whilst in the never ending quest for more HP to haul their fat arses around'... or something along those lines...
Peter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.