GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Thought I’d share my experiences on this particular catback as it seems to be a rare choice and information on it is limited.

Firstly, it’s HKS so yes, it is on the more expensive side of the spectrum but having used various products of theirs in my previous MR2, the quality is always (in my experience) - exceptional. This was no exception.

On arrival, the packaging was insane, it was wrapped up snug as could be. Upon initial inspection, there was no doubt this is a premium product. The welds are a thing of beauty, the seams are perfect and the actual craftsmanship of the tailpipes is incredible.

I removed the original exhaust today, and with little to no fuss the new unit went in with 0 adjustment required. It sits perfectly and has great clearance underside.

As I was hoping for, it’s not crazy loud or crazy aggressive. It gives a lovely low rumble and has a much cleaner tone than the standard unit.
There is 0 drone in the car at all, at motorway speeds it has a nice discrete rumble.

Early indications are all positive, it looks great (personal opinion), it is built to a really high quality, it’s lighter than standard, it sounds great if your looking to keep the noise levels respectable, it was a piece of cake to fit.
The only my negative I have was the delay in delivery, took 6 months to arrive - but I’m glad I waited it out.

Next on my list is the manifold & remap….

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Road surface Wood Asphalt

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks nice and those tail pipes don't look silly like some others.
Supplier and cost please.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks great, really nice fit and finish. Did you pick them up from Amber Performance? I've seen it there and have to admit I'm tempted to get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts