GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd join here seeing as I'm currently debating how much to financially cripple myself to have a GT86... Can't wait for the dealers round here to get one in so I can go for a test drive and seal my financial fate!

Currently running an RX-8 but the '86 should do everything the RX-8 does without the rotary issues! Should even be cheaper to run

I've seen a lot of posts about people on here getting their cars in July, when are the dealers set to have them in the showroom for test drives?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome :)

Not sure when it will be available for test drives, but my local dealer was expecting to have his by this weekend

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great to hear, I'd be happy to go and just look at and poke one for a while if they get one in locally...I should probably go ask when they're getting them in...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to hear, I love the concept of the car but I'm interested to see if the reality is anything like my expectations! I've got an idea of the local route I'd go along already haha Nice mix of open and tight B-roads and then loop back along some dualcarriageway to see what it's like for cruising.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Buddy <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I can only speak for myself, but we will have a set test drive route for the GT as we do for every car we drive.

What I will point out is the Toyota history-Toyota Supra, MR2, and Celica. Allfantastic cars and top sellers. The GT86 hasbeen tested against several other makes, Z370, Porsche, and Audi TT etc and has held its own against bigger engine and much more expensive cars.

The smart people are putting deposits down now and I’m sure that those who are serious will be fighting for orders once people have taken delivery of the first cars available. Watch this space guys, I for one CANT WAIT!

·
Registered
480 Posts
The first dealer cars are going to be the start of July! There is one currently being driven at the moment accross the uk so you might see it! Another thing i would say is get to goodwood on the 28th June you will see it then!

Regards

Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
Toyota dealers will be driving the car at Donyngton during the last week of June and will get the demo's at the start of July, so Yeah ! you are right about that. I'll let you know how it drives on the track once i've been up there.

Damian

[email protected]
Edited by: Damian4669

1 - 12 of 12 Posts