GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i'd check in.

I currently have a 2.0 TSI Scirocco which has been a superb car for the last 4 years (give or take) i have owned it, however i'm on the look out for something new, plus there are hundreds of Sciroccos on the road now, it was very very rare when I first got mine.

Over the last couple of month i have flirted with the idea of a 320D, Merc 220CD Coupe (good finance deals) but the diesel didn't really do anything for me. I also considered an Audi A5 (too meh) and TT (too common) but i have also kept an eye on GT. I have been following the GT86 through the development stages and i quite like what i see in the flesh. I'm not 100% sold yet but i'm coming more round to the idea (I like the turbo'd cars and the extra torque i.e. I like a lazy drive). But I took a dark blue GT out the other weekend and it did induce a grin!

I'm debating whether to wait for a few months to see whether any ex demos come on thesecondhand market or just buy one new.

Anyway, that's about for now.

G

·
Welcome. Sorry I/we didn't spot this sooner - must seem quite rude.

I fear the current supply of demonstrators seem to have had a good ragging from mile zero.

It may be wise to wait a while as we early adopters are getting little or no discount/deals and long lead times. Waiting until the new year may see 'hot' version(s) as well as the TRD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not too worried about the engine been "broken in" as it were. When i test drove the GT the sales manager said there was a grey one ready for the last week in september, so the lead time didn't seem too bad at that point. I have also seen that a few dealers are already getting their demo cars on autotrader. With the 5 year warranty being offered i wouldn't even mind waiting a year and getting a car that had the balance of the manufacturers warranty remaining.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Let's look at the facts;

It's far cooler than anything German
It's a great drive
Cheap as chips to run if you want
Tuning scene will be mahoosive.

Buy one ( brz cooler still
)Edited by: ICantAffordAnLFA

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Too true 'ICantAffordAnLFA '
This is a very good different car that will stand out from the others so if you want to be noticed the buy one

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
What type of ECU remap are we talking about
On their website are a lot of choices and I a unsure of what one applies to GT86?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts